Reasonably Priced Vinyl

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InterMechanico

Reaction score
Hi-O. Can anyone recommend a few good online record stores (MusicDirect-ish) located in Canada? This should be easy, but so far all I've been able to find are local shops who sell online, at very high retail prices. The shipping rates from the US based stores into Canada makes it a non starter, unless the albums are super cheap (and some are). Am I doomed to pay $30.00 - $45.00 minimum for new vinyl, or is there another way?!?

back in the late 70s i paid 4.99 at Sam the Record Man for an album. that was almost 40 years back. if we go with "prices double every 10 years, that means in the mid 90's i should have been paying $15 (Linn was selling for 19.99 so not far off) and paying $45 now.

so while i'm not happy paying 45 for 180g virgin vinyl (better than the dynaflex of years back) - i can certainly understand paying that amount.

London Drugs seems to be the best bet for records right now, but act fast as they have limited quantities of new releases, instead focusing on classic albums and memories of youth for the buyer.

Also do not forget your non-chain local shops, there are at least 4 in the vancouver area that sell vinyl - used and new.

Thanks! I would not have thought of London Drugs. I was down at VinylRecords on Hastings on Saturday, and bought some albums to get me started. I was going to also stop into Apollo records in Port Coquitlam this weekend and root through their (immense) collection.

check out sikora's on hastings near richards. lots of vintage classical, a smattering of new and a small quality jazz section.

Back