ok I found an option to the Plinius...Sunfire TG3?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
Any thoughts? I will be using 2 channel mostly, although my blu ray is HDMI, which would make the Sunfire fairly easy to hook up.

Once again, no dealers within hours so I cannot demo the unit. Not sure which one has the advantage in sound quality but online notes seem to point to the Plinius. In case of upgrade fever, both may be easy to sell but the Plinius has one input that does not work (leaving three).

I can say that the price is equal on the Sunfire and the Plinius 8200 mkii. Which would you all go with? Thoughts appreciated as I am about to pull the trigger on one or the other today.

I have the Sunfire TG3 and just recently replaced it w/ the Integra 9.9 pre and Sunfire Amp. Currently using TG3 in another room.

There are 3 reasons I upgraded away from the TG3

1) TG3 does not carry audio over HDMI... only video... so you have to use 2 sets of cables if you are going to enjoy video...

2) PreAmps have come a long way... I *really* wanted to leverage the Audyssey correction, and DynamicEQ to balance the room and create a better sound stage (Integra 9.9, JonFo has a Denon which has it as well.

3) TG3 only has 2 HDMI in... so I ended up bypassing the TG3 for all video anyway

Now, the TG3 did a GREAT job with Music. :music: I own Summits and the TG3 had no issues making them purr.

hope this helps.

Scott...thanks for the info. Both pieces are what I think are a great deal at $1000 each..just not sure which is the one to grab.

Either one sounds like a great bargin. I have no experience with the Pliniuis so not sure which one to grab... but wanted to share TG3 is a GREAT music receiver/amp with some limitations around HDMI

Good luck

Latest posts

Back