New Ride 4

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tj Bassi

Reaction score
Its not as luxurious as some of the other new rides here, but I'm one of those people that just can't get by without a decent truck....this time its a 2011 Ford F250 Super Duty. Came nicely equipped with the important stuff.....bed liner, cab steps, tow package complete with trailer brake control, off road package. Only concession was opting for the 6.2 gas instead of the Powerstroke diesel, which is a $7500 upgrade, but the gas is powerful enough that I don't regret it.
Has little tires....kinda begs for something bigger.

Tj

Attachments

• truck1.jpg.JPG
    truck1.jpg.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 166
  • truck2.jpg.jpg
    truck2.jpg.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 164
Congrats......all it needs is a nice set of custom wheels and 'meats' and aftermarket grill !

I love trucks !

I drove F250's 8yrs for work until the last 3 when I got an F350 with leather interior. If you need a truck on a regular basis, those are the perfect blend of luxury and functional muscle to gitter done.

Although I admit never driven a gas powered Ford, mine always had the Power Stoke diesel. I pulled a 5,000lb cable trailer with a 6,200lb reel of telephone cable on it over the Pocono mountains in Hazelton PA on US80 going 80mph up hill. The power of those motors is incredible, and they make a braking system to back it all up.

Enjoy the muscle!

If you need a truck on a regular basis, those are the perfect blend of luxury and functional muscle to gitter done.

Although I admit never driven a gas powered Ford, mine always had the Power Stoke diesel.

. . .

Enjoy the muscle!

I'm with you, Jim. I love my F350 with the Powerstroke Diesel.

Nice Truck, TJ.

It's funny, I love driving my Tundra as much as my Cayman. Totally different experiences of course, but both fun. Tj, no matter what wheels you get, they will still look a little small. I've got 20 inch rims and my wheels still look small!

After driving it for a few days, I love how effortlessly the engine pulls....it has more than enough power to get it right out there with normal highway traffic and then some.
Took it fishing yesterday. Our favorite spot is 2~2.5 miles off of pavement. Took that with ease as well. While the suspension is more bouncy on road (compared to my other light-duty trucks) the new Ford is super-smooth off road on sandy, pine barren type trails. It really made for a fun day.

Tj

Latest posts

Back