New Member with Summits

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemHayward

Reaction score
Finally got my summits this weekend. we had been saving up for ages, but decided that we'd never raise the money, so bought them anyway!

Using them in a relatively traditional Naim setup - CDS/LP12 ARO+Zu DL103, NAC82, NAP250. They replace Quad57s and a Linn Sizmik - Also in circuit at present is a Behringer DEQ24/96, but this may well prove un-necessary with the Summits (though amazingly little insertion loss) - we're still experimenting with positioning - maybe only a year or two to go...

Congrats!

What do you think of them? Also, where did you get them from, I noticed Oxford Audio still haven't sold their overpriced pair! And your not far away...

Get some pics posted in the Member Systems? Cool to have another UK member on board.

I'm in the UK & have Summits too. Mine I've had for about 18 months, am using them with a Metronome CD player, ARC Ref 3 & HD220. I got mine after owning SL3's and Ascent i's.

Bought mine ex-dem from Audio Venue - have spent time re-visiting my vast collection of CD and vinyl, so not been back to check this thread! I'll try to post some pictures soon. Had great fun setting them up, in the end we completely re-arranged the room, then I left the wife to do final positioning by ear. I then ran my room correction stuff (Behringer) and found that they need no frequency response correction at all at the listening position which is amazing, and that is with the bass controls flat too, so I took the digital kit out of circuit. No complaints at all, best money I've ever spent on the hifi and we're buying loads of new music, and going down the pub less too!

then I left the wife to do final positioning by ear. I then ran my room correction stuff (Behringer) and found that they need no frequency response correction at all at the listening position which is amazing,
Proves that women DO have better hearing !!

Can your wife come over to position my speakers ? :D

Latest posts

Back