Is this a good 5.1 system?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romy

Reaction score
I have an EAD signature pre and a Rotel RMB-1075 amp as components.
I have an option to buy these barely used for $2500 plus shipping.
Martin Logan Clarity for fronts
Martin Logan Fresco for center and surrounds
Martin logan Grutto for sub
Is this a good system?
Unfortunately have no way of auditioning these before buying.
The room allows only for a 5.1 system.

Is it a good system? I would say for $2500 it is pretty darned good! All speakers should sound great together. Check out the used prices on audiogon.

sounds good

it should be fine...just so you know martin logan reccomends 125 watts per channel for those frescos. you can call or e-mail them for specifics that are not in the literature.

Very Nice & an amazing price. You should be quite satisfied with it as long as you have some decent amplification. In a small to medium sized room, it should be pretty amazing.

I don't know if you pulled the trigger, but I had a Rotel 1075 powering Martin a pair of Logan Source, Motif center, and a pair of Monitor Audio surrounds. That amp should be just fine for your application. Also if you get the bug to upgrade the fronts or move to 7.1, etc the Rotel 1080 and 1090 for the fronts would be a great match sonically.

Romy, Welcome ! Sounds like a fine 5.1 set-up to me. as far as your 120 watts and your Fresco's.....you'll be fine, 125 watts(min) is not needed at all, besides they are 90db efficient.

Back