Inserting LED Wires Back Into SL3 Terminal Block

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
I removed the electronics boards of my SL3s for some minor surgery to one of the caps, and am now putting them back together. One thing that is causing a devil of a problem (not the first time, either) is putting back into the terminal block the wires to the LED. I just can't seem to get the wires inserted and tightened down. If one goes in okay, the other does not, and it is even more difficult then. I have been tearing my hair out for at least an hour. I know that I will not break anything if I leave the LED disconnected, but the LED is a good indicator when problems arise.

Any thoughts on how best to do this? Perhaps apply some solder to the wires?

hey bernard
I did this several times w/ no problems , perhaps the screw terminal is defective
I would try the solder on the tips and see they will bite enough...or even double the last quarter inch for more meat
good luck

SL3 crossover

Bernard,

Pardon me for not being able to help you on your question, but you may be able to help me. The LED on my left SL3 went out and I have lost sound (you can barely hear it). I would like to fix it myself. Can you help me? The fuse is intact.

Bernard,

Pardon me for not being able to help you on your question, but you may be able to help me. The LED on my left SL3 went out and I have lost sound (you can barely hear it). I would like to fix it myself. Can you help me? The fuse is intact.
Perseverance and a lot of swearing was what it took to get those wires back in; all is well now.

If the fuse is intact and the LED is dead, the first thing I would check (no offense meant) is if the speaker is plugged in.

After you check that, do the usual swapping of left/right speaker cables, interconnects, etc to try and sectionalize the problem (it may well be a problem upstream).

Latest posts

Back