Hello from Australia

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSXsan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new this board and live in Sydney Australia, just came across to this site when doing a browse for a Martin Logan panel problem then I thought this is the place for me to ask for help from all the ML experts.

ok the problem is my ML sound is very dull and hardly can hear any high at all mostly only the bass, is that mean I need to get a new panel ? actually I hardly listen since we have a baby maybe almost 2 yrs its never been turn on or maybe is that possible because of the dust on the panel ? BTW my ML is the Sequel II its quite an old one, I hope someone can help me with this problem, thank you.

cheers

---laski

Hi there, whereabouts in Sydney are you? (PM me). I was from Beecroft, but I recently moved to Queensland for a better lifestyle. I travel to Sydney all the time for work though, so if you need a little help, no probs!

It does sound like you need new panels. Have you tried vacuuming them or maybe even the shower wash (if you've resigned yourself to new panels anyway).

Hi there, whereabouts in Sydney are you? (PM me). I was from Beecroft, but I recently moved to Queensland for a better lifestyle. I travel to Sydney all the time for work though, so if you need a little help, no probs!

It does sound like you need new panels. Have you tried vacuuming them or maybe even the shower wash (if you've resigned yourself to new panels anyway).

Hi amey01, I live in RoseBay so is that handy for you to come pass ? Queensland is always good I go there maybe at least 3 times in one year, both of my brother is there one in BNE and other one in GC, maybe if you don't mind I will let him know about yourself because he loves Hi-End stereo too

now with my panel I did vacum it before, its help but still I feel the sound as not bright as used to be, so do you think I can wash them ? it won't damage the panel, hmm maybe I should try then, BTW nice set-up you have got there

Hi amey01, I live in RoseBay so is that handy for you to come pass ? Queensland is always good I go there maybe at least 3 times in one year, both of my brother is there one in BNE and other one in GC, maybe if you don't mind I will let him know about yourself because he loves Hi-End stereo too

now with my panel I did vacum it before, its help but still I feel the sound as not bright as used to be, so do you think I can wash them ? it won't damage the panel, hmm maybe I should try then, BTW nice set-up you have got there

I'm not going to suggest washing them unless you've resigned yourself to new panels. Others' opinions might differ. They're certainly old enough to require replacement? For how long have you owned them? Do you know their history? If they have been maintained well in a non-smoking house then they are probably still OK - if they've been anywhere near a smoker then they're probably shot and no wash will fix them - it just depends on how they've been looked after.

Call AudioConnection and get a price on new panels. Then if you are prepared to go ahead, I guess there's no harm in trying the shower wash first.

Rose Bay is fine - I work in the city. Not sure when I'm there next there, but my boss is back from extended holidays this week so who knows?

I live on the Gold Coast as well.

I'm not going to suggest washing them unless you've resigned yourself to new panels. Others' opinions might differ. They're certainly old enough to require replacement? For how long have you owned them? Do you know their history? If they have been maintained well in a non-smoking house then they are probably still OK - if they've been anywhere near a smoker then they're probably shot and no wash will fix them - it just depends on how they've been looked after.

Call AudioConnection and get a price on new panels. Then if you are prepared to go ahead, I guess there's no harm in trying the shower wash first.

Rose Bay is fine - I work in the city. Not sure when I'm there next there, but my boss is back from extended holidays this week so who knows?

I live on the Gold Coast as well.

I bought mine brand new from Joe @ Audio Connection back in 1995 and they have already change my panel before but at that time I still got repair under warranty so everything its fine since then and now its just happen again no one smoke in our fam,

today I try to have another listen to my speaker I realise its only one side thats fading then I decide to pull all apart and change the power supply around to see whether the problem is from the power supply side or panel, now Im 100% sure I need one new panel, so I guess I will call Joe again and see whether he can supply me with only one new panel, I hope its not to expensive otherwise I might need one of the member in here to locate me one of the dealer for Martin Logan in Las Vegas then I can ask my friend to get it for me.........

yeah my brother is in Robina.

I bought mine brand new from Joe @ Audio Connection back in 1995 and they have already change my panel before but at that time I still got repair under warranty so everything its fine since then and now its just happen again no one smoke in our fam,

today I try to have another listen to my speaker I realise its only one side thats fading then I decide to pull all apart and change the power supply around to see whether the problem is from the power supply side or panel, now Im 100% sure I need one new panel, so I guess I will call Joe again and see whether he can supply me with only one new panel, I hope its not to expensive otherwise I might need one of the member in here to locate me one of the dealer for Martin Logan in Las Vegas then I can ask my friend to get it for me.........

yeah my brother is in Robina.

You'll want two new panels otherwise it'll be unbalanced. Give it a really good vacuum again and make really sure it is not that. The best way I've found is to cup your hands around a bare house (no attachments) to really create pressure (or lack of) between the panel and your hand. Spend about three minutes on each side of each panel.

Once you've got a price on new panels (and are prepared to buy them), there is no harm in trying other things like the shower.

Hi, I'm new this board and live in Sydney Australia, just came across to this site when doing a browse for a Martin Logan panel problem then I thought this is the place for me to ask for help from all the ML experts.

ok the problem is my ML sound is very dull and hardly can hear any high at all mostly only the bass, is that mean I need to get a new panel ? actually I hardly listen since we have a baby maybe almost 2 yrs its never been turn on or maybe is that possible because of the dust on the panel ? BTW my ML is the Sequel II its quite an old one, I hope someone can help me with this problem, thank you.

cheers

---laski

Vacuum as the others recommend. Do it thoroughly, as per the manual. If that doesn't work, remove the panel, shower, leave a couple of days to dry. There are good "how to" instructions on this site. Vacuuming is essential periodic maintenance on these things. Washing is for when something more serious happens (parrot droppings in my case). Most problems have simple solutions. If you're going to buy a new panel anyway, try the above first. Nothing to lose.

cheers

thanks for all the info, now I'm in the process of drying my panel, finger cross everything will back to normal otherwise time for new panel . . . . .

thanks for all the info, now I'm in the process of drying my panel, finger cross everything will back to normal otherwise time for new panel . . . . .

Good luck - let us know how it goes - and make sure it is COMPLETELY dry before you attempt anything!

Big Thank you to amey01, now I have got my system back to normal after my ML had a bit of a shower as you told me, so I don't need to spend an extra $1800 for a new panel from Audio Connection, once again THANKS so much ...........

I'm enjoying my music again now :D

Latest posts

Back