Dynamo 700w FF or DF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLaudiophile

Reaction score
Just added a Dynamo 700w sub to my slowly but surely home theater set up. Room size is 12x17. Using the ELectromotion ESL for fronts and the C2 for my center. I have the sub placed in the front left corner of the room, down firing. I cannot pinpoint where the bass is coming from, so the placement is fine. The room has carpet on the floor but I have the sub placed on an 18"x18" ceramic floor tile.

Any suggestions or opinions on front firing or down firing(the sub can be used as either front or down). I used the tile because it creates a harder surface for the bass. Any opinions on this?

Also, according to audyssey setup, the sub volume is really low. Is that normal? I know the room is not large but I like full but clean bass.

Thanks

Just added a Dynamo 700w sub to my slowly but surely home theater set up. Room size is 12x17. Using the ELectromotion ESL for fronts and the C2 for my center. I have the sub placed in the front left corner of the room, down firing. I cannot pinpoint where the bass is coming from, so the placement is fine. The room has carpet on the floor but I have the sub placed on an 18"x18" ceramic floor tile.

Any suggestions or opinions on front firing or down firing(the sub can be used as either front or down). I used the tile because it creates a harder surface for the bass. Any opinions on this?

Also, according to audyssey setup, the sub volume is really low. Is that normal? I know the room is not large but I like full but clean bass.

Thanks

So, this is bumping an old thread. But, does anyone know why or when you would choose downward firing vs. front firing?

Latest posts

Back