Almost a new ML owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radicalsteve

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just agreed to purchase a pair of reQuests as my entree into the ML world - hope to get them home early next week. I have (hopefully) posted a quick view of my current system. These babies will be driven by Spectron MII SE monoblocks.

Would appreciate any input and advice from club members on the best set for the reQuests and any pointers for mods and upgrades if required.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
That's some tasty looking gear in that second photo; descriptions, please! :drool:

Steve, Welcome always nice to have another analog junkie in the fold ! and in your case.....X 2 !!

Nice rig!!!

Yes some closer pics of the TT's would be way cool. And what pray-tell are those speakers you are using now? Looks fine, fine, fine.:bowdown:

Doug - out

Yep, very tasty looking gear in those photo's. I see an Aesthetix io in there, and what I think is an mbl pre-amp. Is the turntable on the left an older Micro-Seiki? Looks like some Spectral monoblocks over on the floor to the left as well.

Looks like a lot of well considered gear in those racks. I hope it all blends well with the MLs when they arrive. It's going to be a big change when they do!

A full system post in the member's section would make all of us very happy, with lots of close ups!

you should not dangle such gear in front of us. I do not really know what it all is but it looks NICE ! the only thing you may need to tinker with is the request are a bit week in the lower registers.

Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for the quick and positive responses ...... messages received!! and I will post more details and pics on my system in a couple of days as I am away right now having just been to the Montreal show (its my birthday today - so my wife has to indulge me - LOL).

Just heard the new Clx's and they distinguished themselves very well compared to Grand Utopia and Wilson Maxx at mega bucks. ML's and planars rock - clearly!

Steve

Hey "Radical"

Did you get your ReQuests yet? If you did, what do you think of them? What have you listened to? Have you done much tweaking, positioning, etc? I'm awaiting delivery of a pair in the next week or so . .

Back