Hear my Ascent/Descent system!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
Recorded on a Roland Edirol R-09HR at 320Kbps. It's just shy of 20MB. There is some commentary if you make it to the end of the track. I'd listen to it with headphones if you can.

I could have done it at 24bit/96Khz but the file size would be huge...

I chose Money For Nothing as most will know it. In restrospect it is rather long!

Enjoy...:) Make of it what you will...

Justin

Oh dear the site won't allow it... 1.05 Mb max. If anyone is interested, and their mailbox will take 20Mb, send me a private message with your e-mail address in it...

OK - here's a snippet of it which kinda ruins it a bit... but at least you can hear something without any hassle.

Listening on my Sennheiser HD 590s, a fair bit of room acoustic seems to be portrayed - far more so than when you are actually listening to it for real.

I know this kind opf thing has real limitations... so don't take it too seriously.

If your feeling generous on disk space, Tom, drop me a line!

System (only the bits playing in the recording): MF Tri-Vista, Air Tight passive pre, 80W 211 single-ended monos loaded with 1943 made RCA 211s.

Attachments

• edited3.zip
    865.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Actually, there might be copyright issues with sending the whole track out, so I best not. Sure the snippet is OK, though.

What mics did you use? How did you set them up.

Too cool.

I just listened through some Shure E4s plugged into my work terminal. Sounds very good.

Just the in-built mics. I reckon they are good. I bought it to record my guitar playing, not my hi-fi, but I figured I'd give it a try. Mics were where my head usually is:)

Actually I have a much more serious condenser mic - but it's mono!

I reckon headphones rather than tryng to play it through hi-fi, as one set of room acoustics added to another will not help!

Shure E4s - a friend of mine rates those.

Last edited:
Back