Would you buy these CLS'es??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexl911

Reaction score
I really regret selling my CLSIIz'es -but I did sell them for the right reasons. I'm now in a position where I can enjoy them again so I've been on the hunt for another pair for a while and I have found a pair of 1993 vintage CLSes that have been completely upgraded to the latest CLSIIz spec late 2003. Everything was replaced except for the wood frames (black) and the transformer shells. They even have ETC spikes and the OBM's.

Do you think these are worth the 2250Euro asking price? Considering what 'upgraded' CLSes for in the US I think they're expensive but we don't have much selection over hear in the EU.

Are the new CLX'es (and possibly a smaller, less expensive version) going to drive the values of CLSes down?

Thanks
Alex

Make sure the panels are new or you will be out at least $1000 USA . Give me the serial # on the panel and Ill tell you how old they are and when they were made.

I've already checked everything with Jim at ML and confirmed that the panels were produced in 2003 and the upgrades were done by the German distributor. In effect, these speakers are some of the last produced, except of course for the wood frames. The speakers were in a showroom until '07 when they were purchased by the current owner.

My question is are they worth the price or should I hold out for a late model pair?

Back