Will This Work??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schnauzer/lover

Reaction score
I want to use an Amp with my Martin Logans, but when listening to TV do not want to use my MLs. For my preAmp will be using my Denon which has front A & B speaker options. So if my B speakers are connected to my denon, and my A speakers the ML are connected to the Amp which will connected to the Denon. Is there gona be a problem because my B speakers are 8ohm and the Denon is set to 8ohms, and we all know the ML are 4ohms speakers?? Hope this makes sense. If this works I can play my ML in stereo, or direct, and the B speakers in surround mode since I have a center speaker and surround speakers all at 8ohms.

If it is just an issue with the ohm setting on the Denon, then don't worry - it should be fine. Just use common sense. As far as I know, those settings are purely to limit current so that idiots don't overdrive their systems.

Thank you for the reply!!! Thats what I wanted to hear. Cannot wait to set this up. ;)

As I said, just use common sense. Use the 8-ohm setting, and keep the Denon operating well within its limits.

Thanks again, I am retired now (some what mellowed out), and my playing volume Low-Med to Low, so if I have company we can talk and not have to shout. looked at your set-up, I also have cathederal ceiling and my Spires will be close to 12' apart, so being able to use my center speakers for a change may be a bonus. Who ever your house keeper is I will pay big time to have he or her, to clean up my mess!lolo What makes that picture perfect is your guy chewing his bone. I have two dogs and the floor is covered with accoustical enhancements, so I would like to think it helps. My male just had diarrhea on two different spots on the carpet. So I cleaned it up and that is why my wife will let me get anything I want!!lolo;) PS, I would love to go out fishing where you live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, I am retired now (some what mellowed out), and my playing volume Low-Med to Low, so if I have company we can talk and not have to shout. looked at your set-up, I also have cathederal ceiling and my Spires will be close to 12' apart, so being able to use my center speakers for a change may be a bonus. Who ever your house keeper is I will pay big time to have he or her, to clean up my mess!lolo What makes that picture perfect is your guy chewing his bone. I have two dogs and the floor is covered with accoustical enhancements, so I would like to think it helps. My male just had diarrhea on two different spots on the carpet. So I cleaned it up and that is why my wife will let me get anything I want!!lolo;) PS, I would love to go out fishing where you live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you post pictures of your system. And your dogs - there have been a few different "pet pictures" threads over the years.

Fishing here is great - I'm not in Sydney any more, but Queensland (up north). Actually, there are some great fishing spots in both Sydney and the Gold Coast (Queensland). I'm not really into it though!

Back