Will this work?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodspr

Reaction score
I have an unused monoblock amp. Was wondering if it made sense to connect this out of 2nd subwoofer output from pre-amp to woofer of my left Aerius to work in addition with ML Grotto thats on the right. Would this overpower me with bass or balance out nicely?

thanks

No, that won't work. The sub out rolls off the higher freqs so you'll have a hole in the response not to mention the level matching problem and any other problems I can't think of. Not a good idea IMO.

Thanks. I was just trying to find a use for the extra monoblock.

Thanks. I was just trying to find a use for the extra monoblock.

I guess one option, if you like the characteristics of the monobloc, would be to try to find another identical one on Audiogon and pair them up on your woofers to biamp your Aerius. Just a thought.

I guess one option, if you like the characteristics of the monobloc, would be to try to find another identical one on Audiogon and pair them up on your woofers to biamp your Aerius. Just a thought.

You could use it to power a center channel in an HT set up...

will this work

rodspr; good evening, what brand is the block, and how old is it??

It's an Outlaw 200, about a year old. I originally bought 3 for my ML speakers then got a 5 channel amp and moved my center to that amp.

I think I'm going to try hooking up the ML center back to the monoblock and go that way.

thanks

It's an Outlaw 200, about a year old. I originally bought 3 for my ML speakers then got a 5 channel amp and moved my center to that amp.

I think I'm going to try hooking up the ML center back to the monoblock and go that way.

thanks

That is definitely the way to go as you will have the same tonal balance across the front channels. If you can bridge a couple of the channels in the 5 ch amp than that might work out.

Back