Wich ic and sp cable?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please post on your experience with their Power Cord..... good or bad I am curious. Hopefully I will receive my speaker cable at the end of this week or middle of next. I still wonder if it will live up to the hype. If not, I am going to be a little fumed because I missed an opportunity to buy some Cobalt stuff at 30%.

By the way, what component did you buy your PC for?
I am wondering what new cords would do for my Aerius i's...... skeptical about that too.

i didnt buy it to use on any specific component. i bought it to test.

pure and simple, the wire gauges they use are not safely capable of transmitting 110v at the necessary operating amperages of any high end audio components.

thats not to say there is anything wrong with their speaker cables.

Oops!

risabet said:
The current through an Interconnect is not really high so why does the gauge matter in respect to that specific issue?

My bad, I should pay better attention.

Looks like this thread got a bit off topic.

I've been using Nordost Blue Heaven IC's and speaker wires - great stuff. However if using under a carpet on hardwood floors you must use carpet pads on each side to protect them - ask me how I know.

Currently I need a 2 meter RCA to RCA between the turntable and preamp (with tube phono section). Shielding and getting that tiny signal there is the mandate. The name Cardas keeps coming up. Looks like the rat shack temps are getting replcaed by Cardas. Note: I had to move the turntable when the big tube amp came in a few months ago, had Audio Quest (old brown stuff) for that short run - nothing stellar about it.

First time I've been asked that one.........I suppose if you were asked to explain it, that it would no longer be funny.

There are layered reasons of the user name, one of which is the first four letters match my long last name.

As far as cables............ fast cables that restore some body to the music is the goal (for some).

My reasoning is the stats are capable of a fast live sound, but lean towards the skeleton side, needing a bit more meat or flesh to the sound.

Problem is that "fast" is opposite of "fat/warm" and you may never get both at the same time.

Back