Which Surround Speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pambs

Reaction score
Hi guys
I would like to change my rear speakers and add side speakers as well. My home cinema is in the living room therefore i dont have a lot of options. Below i m including some pictures of the setup and measurements in cm

Can you recommend me some speakers? I m also getting an ML descent i sub in the next couple of weeks

Attachments

• 282367_86769b11ecd206857f59f0725e0a7d65.jpg
    282367_86769b11ecd206857f59f0725e0a7d65.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 76
This how the setup looks normally

DSC00714 2.jpg
281957_eeb59c4e5288d7e1bb3500c494d97abd.jpg
281955_5bf1794a7dcd2ade9dd462f7e606a174 2.jpg
281956_e7d86d8f2fe3fcdfbe460c7ac271b852.jpg

Last edited:
Any advice guys? Really stuck on this. What would you recommend

Let me add a bit more. I need something that can sit on a shelve. Xt35i but I hear not the best option, fresco? Is it better? I don’t want esls. Too bit where they will be placed

Even thinking something active like the Neumann kh-120

Last edited:
I "was" using the little 4i speakers for surround duties and they work well. Now I've got the in-wall IW speakers and they are a noticeable improvement.

The 35XTi is pretty close to what I now have so I don't think you'd go wrong with those. I'm a big fan of the flat tweeter!

thank you. the reason i was asking is because i didnt get good feedback on the 35. so i was wondering if there is something better out there :)

There's always something better out there!

In my case I have a multipurpose room so the two Left Surround speakers are farther away. It works well enough to have fun. So going with the in-wall speakers is an improvement for placement vs having a speaker protruding from the wall necessitating them be mounted in a higher off the floor. Plus, once the ATMOS Tops are in place (haven't yet mounted them) I wanted the surrounds to all be mounted lower where they should be.

There's always something better out there!

In my case I have a multipurpose room so the two Left Surround speakers are farther away. It works well enough to have fun. So going with the in-wall speakers is an improvement for placement vs having a speaker protruding from the wall necessitating them be mounted in a higher off the floor. Plus, once the ATMOS Tops are in place (haven't yet mounted them) I wanted the surrounds to all be mounted lower where they should be.

Yeah i feel you. Mine is multi purpose as well, but i have found the solution. A piece of furniture like this let's you put your surround at the right height, distance etc, as long as you can have a passage for the cables. So it will go around my couch in the second picture, with all the cables run through tracking below the top shelve. In this way i will have perfect symmetry for the surrounds vs the listening position and since listening distance will not be far i will be able to use smaller speakers
CO18MOF_E134_p186x187_V2.jpg
IMG_2512.jpg

Back