Which ML?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cordovox

Reaction score
Good morning... (it's 10h30 am in Portugal... :D

Just for mere curiosity, which ML model "replaced" the Ascent??

Thanks

Best regards

Hola. I am in Costa Rica. To me, the Spires are the one... now the Spires are going to be recplaced too. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Well, the Ascent was the third model from the top, right? So wouldn't that make its replacement the vantage?

Fair enough. I didn't consider the CLX since I don't think it was around and is kind of in a completely different class.

What do you mean by completely different class? For play back performance I would say my system with the Summit X's perform as well if not better because of system synergy and dedicated room. Now CLX do cost a lot more. :D

Last edited:
What do you mean by completely different class? For play back performance I would say my system with the Summit X's perform as well if not better because of system synergy and dedicated room. Now CLX do cost a lot more. :D

Full range esl vs hybrid.

Well, the Ascent was the third model from the top, right? So wouldn't that make its replacement the vantage?

I agree. Summit and Summit X replaced Prodigy. Spire replaces Odyssey. Vantage replaces Ascent.

CLX was a completely new model with nothing in the previous generation.

---

Last edited:
The Spires have a 10" woofer, the Ascents too. On the other hand, the Odyssey have two woofers, a different speaker than the Spires. Well, it does not matter, or does it? Happy listening,
Roberto.

The Spires have a 10" woofer, the Ascents too. On the other hand, the Odyssey have two woofers, a different speaker than the Spires. Well, it does not matter, or does it? Happy listening,
Roberto.

Agreed my friend. It really does not matter.

What's important is that everyone enjoys the model they have and the music / pleasure of listening to their own system.

GG

All I will say is that I absolutely love my Spires :D The bass is plenty deep and very tight. LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to say Ascent i ;) and then the Vantage. I would look at retail price...and I believe Ascent was in the same range as the Vantage.

As for ranking...you could also go up from the bottom.

Back