Has anyone auditioned the McIntosh MA-9500 integrated amplifier or the previous model the MA-9000 and/or has it in their system?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopherf

Reaction score
Anyone using or has auditioned the McIntosh MA-9500 integrated amplifier or the previous model the MA-9000? After all the looking around for an integrated amplifier that has a phono stage with excellent S/N specs it seems like the 9500 even at 12K appears not to be as expensive as I imagined compared to the Hegel H600 which requires their separate V10 phono stage. Regarding the Michi X5 Series 2 since it is built in China I am not convinced in 10 years time should a service issue arise it will be able to be repaired; the Hegel is also built in China and the retail is 12K at least the Michi X5 Series 2 is 8K. I am interested in owners who have solid state separates McIntosh with ML too.

Anyone using or has auditioned the McIntosh MA-9500 integrated amplifier or the previous model the MA-9000? After all the looking around for an integrated amplifier that has a phono stage with excellent S/N specs it seems like the 9500 even at 12K appears not to be as expensive as I imagined compared to the Hegel H600 which requires their separate V10 phono stage. Regarding the Michi X5 Series 2 since it is built in China I am not convinced in 10 years time should a service issue arise it will be able to be repaired; the Hegel is also built in China and the retail is 12K at least the Michi X5 Series 2 is 8K. I am interested in owners who have solid state separates McIntosh with ML too.
I auditioned the ma 9000 and ma 12000. Both are excellent performers. I purchased the 12000 and it drives my 15a speakers.
The 12000 I just preferred as it is very musical and matched with the Logan’s but it is more expensive.
I have not heard the 9500 but it reviews very well

Back