Which IC's for ARC LS26, ML Purity & Unison Research Unico CD

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@rio

Reaction score
Hello again!

Time to buy new set of IC's for my setup. Which ones? I am thinking to buy Transparent IC's or WireWorld IC's or maybe AudioQuest. (0,5m XLR between CDP & ARC LS26 and 2x3m RCA between ARC LS26 & ML Purity)

Help me choose.
:confused:

I forgot to mention that my future upgrade will be -- replacing Unico CD with ARC CD5. :rocker:

Some brands to consider:

Kimber (I like the Hero)
Zu
White Zombie (if you like silver ICs)
--- good, cheap, ICs: Blue Jean or Signal Cable
Some people here like Anti-Cables

Of course, the above advice comes with the caveat that cable evaluation is highly subjective.

Hello again!

Time to buy new set of IC's for my setup. Which ones? I am thinking to buy Transparent IC's or WireWorld IC's or maybe AudioQuest. (0,5m XLR between CDP & ARC LS26 and 2x3m RCA between ARC LS26 & ML Purity)

Help me choose.
:confused:

Give the Audience cables a listen. Mighty good!

This topic, although interesting, has been beaten to death on this and other websites. If you want to see what the ML Club members have to say, go to the "search" mode and be ready for many opinions.

Hint. There is no right answer.

Good luck and happy reading.

GG

This topic, although interesting, has been beaten to death on this and other websites. If you want to see what the ML Club members have to say, go to the "search" mode and be ready for many opinions.

Hint. There is no right answer.

Good luck and happy reading.

GG

OK, thanx GG :rocker:

Hi,

I am using Transparent between my ARC Ref3 and ARc CD7 - highly recommended. I am using the Reference with MM level.

I would also suggest that you try and keep to the same cable from source to speaker - the synergy really does help. I now have this (all cables are Transparent and the same level) and it really did make a massive difference.

Rgds
Marc.

Of course, the above advice comes with the caveat that cable evaluation is highly subjective.
Eric is absolutely correct here.

Cable are VERY VERY subjective with them being system and listener dependent. Some like bright sounding cables, some like dull sounding cables, some love Rad Shack, etc. etc. Bright to one person is just right for another and on and on and on and on and on...get the picture?

Get in touch with The Cable Company and they can let you pick/recommend three cables are once to audition in your setup to find the cable YOU like best.

Cost does not equate to better sound either. Best is again, what you like for the budget you can afford.

Same cables throughout can be a benefit as some have already stated, some run many different brands and are very happy with the sound.

Why is my thread moved here? I don't understand. What is the problem? :D

I would guess because there is no mention of ML's just cabling so off topic would be the place for it.

I am very happy with my Shunyata Altairs between my Sony SCD1 -LS26 - VTM 200.

As mentioned in another post, do try The Cable Company. Good people with many cables to try

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Audioquest Sky between my Ayre C5xe and my ARC Ref 3 to good effect. I use Purist Audio Proteus between my Ref 3 and Rowland amp, also a good match. I am currently auditioning a new cable by a company called teo audio. LIQUID CONDUCTOR! (no I don't mean it sounds liquid though it does, I mean the conductor itself is liquid at room temperature). Wicked cool-right now I am using it between my Sonic Frontiers tubed DAC and the Ref 3-it sounds great!

Back