what to get....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASONDMAGUIRE

Reaction score
OK, so as I have said in other threads, I found a pair of Scripts W/O brackets that I can pick up. ML does not have the brackets that came with the scripts but they do have an option that would require a little work (IE paint, and what not..)
On the other hand I could get a pair of the Passage in walls.
The question:

Given that I have a pair of Clairtys for fronts, and a Theater I for the center, what would make the better rears?
thanks for the help!

I would rather have the scripts, but that is me.

Have you listened to either speaker? What were your impressions?

OK, so as I have said in other threads, I found a pair of Scripts W/O brackets that I can pick up. ML does not have the brackets that came with the scripts but they do have an option that would require a little work (IE paint, and what not..)
On the other hand I could get a pair of the Passage in walls.
The question:

Given that I have a pair of Clairtys for fronts, and a Theater I for the center, what would make the better rears?
thanks for the help!

What's your budget? That is the only way to determine the best option.

Thanks for the responses Rich, now will that be check or money order your sending for the extra cash i would need? LOL

I like the way the scripts sound, they would be my first choice. The fact that the brackets are missing are my only real concern.

I have no history with any of the in-walls so I don't know how they sound or how well they would blend with the other speakers.

I have about $2000 bucks to spend....so there you have it.

thanks guys.......

Do you have enough space for the clarity in the back of your room? With a $2000 budget I would move them to rear speaker duty quick style! You can do a LOT with that on the preowned ML market.

Just read your original post again... you have a Theateri? Go get some bigger mains to support that bad boy!!! Go now ... we'll wait :D

Try to sell your Claritys for ~$1500. Now you have about $3500, wait for a used pair of scripts for ~$1000 and then pick up a used pair of Vistas for about ~$2500. There you go, right on budget :D

well first off I must have been sleepy, I have a cinema I and not a theater I as I stated earlier! Second, i have found a good deal on a pair of used scripts but as I said they don't have the brackets......so now you know.

That seems a little less lop-sided.....

But I still say go for new mains and move the clarity to the back if you can swing it. In your budget you could have aeons, ascents, requests, sl3s, quests (even a hot rodded pair!), etc. There are lots of great choices that will then provide you with a big upgrade in the front and rear of your system!

WIN-WIN :rocker:

well first off I must have been sleepy, I have a cinema I and not a theater I as I stated earlier! Second, i have found a good deal on a pair of used scripts but as I said they don't have the brackets......so now you know.

Hi Jason, I'd go for an ESL in the rear if at all possible.

Scripts would do nicely, and the lack of brackets is probably a plus. I believe the scripts should be further from the wall than the factory brackets place them.

If in your room, you can keep them >9" away from the wall, and slightly treat the wall behind them with some absorption and very selective diffusion or energy redirection (to maintain rear ambiance), you'd have a really sweet setup.

Guess what....
I now own Scripts! I picked them up last night.
Spoke with Jim Powers over at ML and the new brackets will be sent out today. Now if I can only figure out a way to run the power cable and still have it look neat.......

Back