What is the BEST ML for your Money?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are good.

I would consider the age of the speakers, in particular the age and use of the panels. Also, if one set is close by (say for local pickup) vs being shipped across the country, that is something to consider.

Erik

There's a good value for most price ranges so it depends. You can find Prodigies under $5k these days. However, shipping them can be a challenge.

Original Quest can be modded very easily. They have a X-over that is ready for true Bi-amping if you want to run a active x over or there is a switch on the back for bi -amping with the passive x over. The panels are $700.00 if needed. There is endless amounts of tweaking to be done with these.

yes the SHIPPing Death

:cool:It can make me nuts, it not so much the money it that i am allready for all to be well, an what a let down! i well not ship!

Not quite that cheap unfortunately. On average SL3's are on A/G for $1200 and Requests are all over the board from $1500 to $2500...those are both pretty well established norms. :musicnote:

:cool:SL3 or Re-Quest can be had for 1k!
thanks

Original Quest can be modded very easily. They have a X-over that is ready for true Bi-amping if you want to run a active x over or there is a switch on the back for bi -amping with the passive x over. The panels are $700.00 if needed. There is endless amounts of tweaking to be done with these.

Hi, I have the original quest with new panels and run them bi-wired and sounds very good, not as good as the vantage or summits, but for the money I could not go wrong, as I paid 1300 for both in very good condition. Did not realize there are different mods for these, as they have the original x-overs and original 12 inch woofers. What tweaks can be done with these?

:cool:SL3 or Re-Quest can be had for 1k!
thanks
I've alway felt that the SL3 and or Re-Quest had a too distant of a sound, and the drivers not as fully integrated as the smaller Aerius.

Just my ears and feelings, bigger is not always better, especially in a smaller room.

The SL3 an the Quest an Re?

The step-up Xfourmers are not set up Pushpull! :cool:{But can be}
If you set them up the way the only ML Schematic showes
The sound well open up like the new ones. The way there set up S.E. an low Bias now is to sell panels!NOT SAYING THATS BAD! You can see here no centertap in the mix!
Thanks

Attachments

• sl3xc crossoverdiagram[1].jpg
    sl3xc crossoverdiagram[1].jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 327
You can see here the centertap is used.

It makes a bigdiff!:cool:

Attachments

• request_xo.pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 99
Back