What I did last w/e

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorToad

Reaction score
I doubt many people will appreciate this other than slowGEEZR and maybe Pcar928fan, but here's a couple of pics I took.

Attachments

• 100_3366 (Medium).jpg
    100_3366 (Medium).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 100_3166 (Medium).jpg
    100_3166 (Medium).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 133
I doubt many people will appreciate this other than slowGEEZR and maybe Pcar928fan, but here's a couple of pics I took.

SAAAAWEEEETTTTTT! LOVE THOSE SHOTS! VERY NICE camera work!! God I miss those days (though I was NEVER, EVER that good!)

What track is that? Barber motorsports Park? I want to do a PCA club race out there and VIR SOOO BAD! Maybe someday I'll have the $$$$ to spend more on the race car, trailer, and R/V so I can get back into the swing of racing/DE's/Etc!

Yeah, it's the AMA at Barber. The first one is from the hill over the tunnel between 12 & 13, the second one is from the inside of turns two and three.

You really need to get to both those tracks. VIR looks like a horse ranch and Barber looks like a golf course. I've only done 5 or so laps of VIR but I've done several track days at Barber. It's hard to say which one's "better" but I think VIR is easier to have fun on. BMP is a real challenge with a lot of reducing radius and blind turns. The WOT blast up the blind hill from three is my favorite 200 yards of track, though.

Yeah, it's the AMA at Barber. The first one is from the hill over the tunnel between 12 & 13, the second one is from the inside of turns two and three.

You really need to get to both those tracks. VIR looks like a horse ranch and Barber looks like a golf course. I've only done 5 or so laps of VIR but I've done several track days at Barber. It's hard to say which one's "better" but I think VIR is easier to have fun on. BMP is a real challenge with a lot of reducing radius and blind turns. The WOT blast up the blind hill from three is my favorite 200 yards of track, though.

Appreciate the input! I would also love to do Laguna and Road Atlanta...that is a SCARY fast track...love to give it a shot though! I am not as bullet proof as I used to be so I doubt I would have any problems. I just don't see the sense in pushing it all the way to the edge. That said, I had two offs my first day out in the race car (it was my first time diving it in the completed form) and one of them was REALLY FAST! Close to 100 mph when I left the track! I went a LOOONNNNGGGG WAY... Thank goodness it was probably THE BEST place to exit the track! Nothing bent, broken, or damaged. The guy behind me came to find me after the session to tell me it was the craziest thing he had seen and I was HAULING when I went off! :D

Great photos, I have some pictures from my dads track day around somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up :)

I really enjoy watching these guys race. Theyr'e so fluid and friggin' amazing athletes. Sidebar - when I was in Italy last week visiting vendors it seemed like every single machinist, press brake operator, painter etc. has 3 things on the wall near his station - a crucifix or picture of Jesus, a picture or a calendar of a girl in little or no clothing, and their favorite rider on his GP bike in action! The consistency was comical. Also, everytime I turned on a tv there was some sort of bike, motorcycle or F1 race on - literally every time. Now THAT's civilization!

I remember seeing a picture like that of Hans Stuck (spelling?) driving a bmw with the tire getting air at I think limerock. Very cool. Ohio has a great track, Mid-Ohio, with alot of bike races and the American Le-mans series. I have had some great times there.

Last edited:
Yeah, that hill at Lime Rock is enough that most faster cars go through a chicane there now. It wouldn't be so bad except the outside of that set of corners has almost no runoff at all, a huge risk area. Otherwise it's a neat track. I've not been to Mid Ohio (YET!).

James,

Road Atlanta is probably my most favorite track (except Watkins Glen) and I have lot's of track time there. That's when I had a modified 2004 Corvette Z06 and the back strait we were exceding 150 mph then braking to 50 in a ninety degree turn 10 a/b.

MotorToad,

I agree with your assessment on VIR and BMS. VIR is really fast and I have lot's of track time there. I have been to BMS twice and it is very technical. The blind uphill bend is awesome scary, just point towards the tower and hope for the best. I named it "oh Jesus hill", because I saw Jesus once going thru it and he was not smiling. :mad: I made it through and learned much respect for that hill.

Brad

On the back straight at VIR, my best friend was doing 145 mph when his brakes failed into turn 1. He went through two sets of tire barriers at 100 mph and it was not a pretty site. He was not hurt.

Schweet! Nice shots! The last time I was at Barber was last March (06), on my R6 track bike - which I've since sold. Great facilities and the best bike museum I've ever seen! - Steve

Back