What album or song is your guilty pleasure?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
We love music in its many forms. We know many classic albums over the years. So what about an album you love, just for you. It doesn't have to be some great piece that is universally admired. Maybe some disco, funk, techno or environmental sounds (water, rain, trains, etc..). Maybe some long forgotten, one hit wonder, obscure or reminds you of a place in your past. Don't be shy, step right up and share a piece of who you are when no one is watching. :music:

Album - Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden. This one is not for everyone, but I really like it.

Song - Joe Satriani - Flying in a blue dream. I shake the house with this one when no one else is home.

too many to list, but I still have fun listening to Styx and REO Speedwagon. Can't take the Midwest out of the boy...

Oh boy ! guilty pleasures when it comes to music.. wow ! got a truck load ! :ROFL:

Some of my faves from "back in the day" ..

Kano - "It's a War"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyjkVvKVYsE&feature=related

La Flavour - "Mandalay"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx_64s57jAs&feature=related

Vivian Vee - "Give me a Break!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJ6zV8Oqco

and perhaps the best dance floor anthem of that era .. man, talk about packing the floor ! this one did it ! :D

Lime - "Babe, We're gonna love tonight"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihi7FtIRBE0

There's a ton more.. but those are a few guilty pleasure from a time that really was awesome for me. I was a club dj at that time.. :music:

This sums it up for me:

Memorable quotes for Diner (1982)

Shrevie: Ok, now ask me what's on the flip side.
Beth: Why?
Shrevie: Just, just ask me what's on the flip side, OK?
Beth: What is on the flip side?
Shrevie: Hey, Hey, Hey, 1958. Specialty Records.
[Beth nods blankly]
Shrevie: See? You don't ask me things like that, do you? No! You never ask me what's on the flip side.
Beth: No! Because I don't give a shit. Shrevie, who cares about what's on the flip side about the record?
Shrevie: I do! Every one of my records means something! The label, the producer, the year it was made. Who was copying whose style... who's expanding on that, don't you understand? When I listen to my records they take me back to certain points in my life, OK? Just don't touch my records, ever! You! The first time I met you? Modell's sister's high school graduation party, right? 1955. And Ain't That A Shame was playing when I walked into the door!

Zephyr - "Sunset Ride". Favorite songs on album: "Moving Too Fast" and, for its tremendous backwards guitar solo, "Chasing Clouds".

Split Enz - True Colors
The summer between my Junior and Senior HS years my friends and I rented a house at the shore. I had one cassette in my car and this was it. It was the first time we listened to anything besides classic rock (Doors, Beatles, Zeppelin, etc. etc.). Actually it was me, they hated it at first but seemed to dig it by the end of the weekend.
I still have the record and listened to it last night after I read this thread. Still magic...not really, but it did bring back memories.

Pale Saints - "Slow Buildings" I was freaking out when I couldn't find it recently, jonesin', mannnn:eek:

I like to listen to old school rap while I smoke a big fatty!

This is kind of embarrasing, but...

Mariah Carey - "Unplugged" and Marc Almond (of Naked Eyes) - "The Stars We Are". Both have great sonics and real moments of musical transendance.

The Monkeys... I used to stack up to 5 (?) albums on my old RCA fold out automatic record player and it would be something like Hendrix "Are You Experienced?",Cream "Wheels Of Fire" Frank Zappa "Freak Out" and one of the Monkeys albums. Ha ha... I was 11 in '68.

This is kind of embarrasing, but...
No need to feel embarrassed, Tim. I must confess to liking Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" (apart from the rap crap at the end), and the sonics are horrible. Besides, Mariah Carey is one hell of a looker!

Besides, Mariah Carey is one hell of a looker!

Are you joking, Bernard? She's absolutely vile in a cheap slut sort of a way. Thinks she's much better/hotter than she actually is.

She has her own shoe room with a vast array of shoes in it, though, which is the TOTAL envy of my wife:)

I like to listen to old school rap while I smoke a big fatty!

HA! I prefer new school rap and to blaze a banana flavored blunt. :ROFL:

Speaking of Mariah Carey, anyone see Eminem's YouTube dis on her? Its about as bad as I have ever heard or seen.

Are you joking, Bernard? She's absolutely vile in a cheap slut sort of a way. Thinks she's much better/hotter than she actually is.
Put me down for a cheap slut lover. I saw her on a talk show where I thought she was really hot. Vile? Absolutely not, except perhaps when seen in a port-induced haze.

Put me down for a cheap slut lover. I saw her on a talk show where I thought she was really hot. Vile? Absolutely not, except perhaps when seen in a port-induced haze.

They usually look better for a glass of port or two. Not this girl, though. And Bernard, I thought you were a man of taste!

Offer her some fine cheese and a few glasses of Burmester and see how you get on...;)

Good luck.:devil:

More on topic, I did a disco evening last night. Donna Summer, Boney M, Diana Ross... all the old classics. Great old rubbish. Hot stuff, as Donna would say... all of it sounded absolutely great. Must be those dodgy 80s speakers I use.:D

Last edited:
Back