Vistas, good-bye.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record I think you can never have too much power. I am considering the benefits of tubes on the stats vs. SS. Either way it will be killer, but I could sell the vk-500 and get into a good tube without spending any more money. Even though the panels are the same on the Vista and Vantage the panel will sound better on the Vantage because the amp is only running the panel. And from what I hear (sorry for starting a sentence with and) the lower-mid bass is better on the Vantage due to a higher cross over point.

Also for the record, this is one of the best problems I have ever had;) .

My understanding is that the normal bias for the Plinius SA 102 is Class A/AB, and that with a flick of a switch you can switch it to full Class A bias. I thought that I read somewhere that this reduced the wpc output to something like 30 wpc, but I certainly could be mistaken in that regard. I probably should be a little more careful about making offhand remarks regarding things I really don't know about first-hand. Sorry if I was mistaken in that comment.

I think what you read is that it delivers 30amps transiently. The SA102 delivers about 140watts in either A or A/B according to Plinius. They only say it delivers 125w, but in reality, it delivers about 140... closer to 150.

Pure Class A baby!

:D

I think what you read is that it delivers 30amps transiently. The SA102 delivers about 140watts in either A or A/B according to Plinius. They only say it delivers 125w, but in reality, it delivers about 140... closer to 150.

Pure Class A baby!

:D

Sweet. Gotta love lots of Class A watts. Thanks for correcting my error.

Latest posts

Back