Vista is on sale at Tweeter

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdoe

Reaction score
I just went on the Tweeter website and saw the Vista on sale for $3200 till the end of August. I called them and had my purchase price adjusted. I think that's a good deal. Anyway, my system (Vista + Depthi) sounds better and better, very happy with the purchase, can't wait to get my hand on the a new Power Amp in teh near future.

I just went on the Tweeter website and saw the Vista on sale for $3200 till the end of August. I called them and had my purchase price adjusted. I think that's a good deal. Anyway, my system (Vista + Depthi) sounds better and better, very happy with the purchase, can't wait to get my hand on the a new Power Amp in teh near future.

I'm about to take advantage of this deal myself, they have an open box pair at local Tweeter, asking $3k for the pair, seems like pretty decent deal. I guess I'll have to spring for a power amp though, as my current rig is a VTL ST-85 tube amp. Does anyone know if this amp will work at all, or will the tubes implode as the panels suck all the current out of them.

I'm about to take advantage of this deal myself, they have an open box pair at local Tweeter, asking $3k for the pair, seems like pretty decent deal. I guess I'll have to spring for a power amp though, as my current rig is a VTL ST-85 tube amp. Does anyone know if this amp will work at all, or will the tubes implode as the panels suck all the current out of them.

From anecdotal evidence (just reading posts) a small tube amp will shine on ESLs where a small SS amp cries. I've seen people say that they're running bigger, older MLs on 50 or so Wpc and loving it, though I haven't heard it myself so it's just... anecdotal. :) I do know, though, that even a stout 100 Wpc SS amp will wish itself dead when presented with Sequels and SPL. I even allowed a 130 Wpc Carver receiver to fulfill its wish. A big tube amp, of course, would be better, but try it before you go amp shopping. :)

Your VTL will do just fine. I used to run a Conrad Johnson MV-65 with my Monoliths and it sounded great. Tubes work well with MLs.

Your VTL will do just fine. I used to run a Conrad Johnson MV-65 with my Monoliths and it sounded great. Tubes work well with MLs.

thanks.

In the past I've used the VTL to also power a pair of Quad ESL-63's and that was the best sound I've ever had in my room (why did I sell the Quads). As the saying goes, midrange to die for. I'll give it a try.

thanks.

In the past I've used the VTL to also power a pair of Quad ESL-63's and that was the best sound I've ever had in my room (why did I sell the Quads). As the saying goes, midrange to die for. I'll give it a try.

Students of the art should hear Quads driven by Futterman OTL mono blocks.

thanks.

The VTL's should sound excellent in my opinion. I currently use a McIntosh MC-275 on Vantages, but also ran them on aeon i's for awhile. You shouldn't have a problem as far as power goes.

Latest posts

Back