Very Impressed With Signal Cable!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_74

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got my new speaker cables hooked up and I'm hearing such an improvement, that I had to share it with you all!

I'm upgrading from some 14ga "RCA brand" stuff I've had laying around for a few years. Yeah, it looked ridiculous hooked up to my Vantages, but it was all I had while waiting for my order.

I ordered the Ultra Series 6' in a bi-wire configuration from Signal Cable with bananas on the amp side and spades on the speaker side. This is my first experience with some audiophile grade speaker cables and lemme tell you, this stuff is pretty massive. Heat shrink and terminations look really well done.

First, I removed the bi-wire plates from the speakers and hooked up the new cables. Next, I popped in a couple of my favorite Diana Krall discs. The first thing I noticed was that the bass was much more controlled. The midrange was more detailed and the highs were smoother. The soundstage was noticeably deeper and wider. I am hearing things in the music that I haven't heard before. It was like I got new, even better speakers. I feel like I was wearing earplugs before or something. :D

Anyhow, I just want to share my excitement as a new Vantage owner. I'm thrilled with the improvement to the sound for such a small investment in the speaker cables.

Sounds like you're in cable heaven! Congrats!

Are you still running your Vantages with the HK receiver?

Great to hear that you like them.

There are a few of us here that use Signal Cable products. I'm currently using 30ft XLR runs of the Analog 2 interconnects and have a single 30ft Classic speaker cable for my center channel.

While my investment here might be considered expensive (~$300), it is by far cheaper than anything else of decent quality that I could find.

Brian,

I know the feeling and it is a great one. Frank at Signalcable is awesome to work with. He will only sell you some thing you need even if it's cheaper than what you asked for. I exclusively use his cables for every thing. Some thing to say for consistancy. That way I stay a way from the snake oil wire business.

Get his interconnects and also enjoy a step up.

Take care.

Brad

Sounds like you're in cable heaven! Congrats!

Are you still running your Vantages with the HK receiver?

Yeah, still using the HK receiver at the moment. The thing runs a lot warmer than it used to. I did, however, buy a Sunfire TGA-5200 and it should be here Tuesday! :rocker: I need to get my multi-channel interconnects ordered from Frank. I plan on going with the Analog Series 2, but I'm thinking of passing on upgrading to the Eichmann Bullet Plugs. Are they worth the extra $?

Brian, excellent , for I too, am a happy customer of Frank !!, using the same speaker cable you are.

I plan on going with the Analog Series 2, but I'm thinking of passing on upgrading to the Eichmann Bullet Plugs. Are they worth the extra $?

They are worth the upgrade. Those Eichmann copper bullet plugs are the only ones I use. They provide a very firm connection. The best way is to heat the ends up with a hair dryer then plug them in. This gives a very custom connection. I have not done that on all connections but only on some. Frank indicated to do that when they are very hard to plug in. A very worthy upgrade. Go for it! :D

So Dave, Brian and I are using the same speaker cables. Sweet.

Brad

Count me in also

Another happy Signal cable user. IC's and speaker cables. Switched from Cardas Golden cross.

Last edited:
Back