Vantage: Quality and reliability - What have you experienced?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summits

So if you swap positions with the two speakers (left to right) does the problem move with the speaker? I had the Vantages a couple of months before getting the Summits and in that brief period they were flawless. The Summits had some issues though, which the vendor and Martin Logan resolved. From my limited perspective these speakers require a commitment (read investment) by the owner to fully enjoy their potential. Like most everything there is a learning curve.(for me anyway)

As for as M/L's commitment to customer satisfaction. I don't think a speaker would leave the factory that exhibits the anomalies you are experiencing. So with that they don't own you anything more than what you paid for. This should be to deliver post haste without excuses or delay a proper working pair of speakers if the problem is with the speakers.
Good Luck

At first I did try changing every thing around and got the same results. What convinced me was plugging the Vantage into a completely different outlet, all by itself, with no electronics or speaker cables connected, just the speaker. It still makes the noise, and loudly I might add!

This problem probably would not have been caught at the factory since it did not begin until about a week after I had them. However, I did note that at power up, from day one, only the "bad" speaker made any power up sound. It just kept getting progressively worse.

If I were to upgrade to the Summuts, I would definitely ask a discount! One that my dealer should get to pass along to me. This may be an anomoly, but the fact is both my dealer and I have "spent" a significant amount of time boxing and unboxing these two pairs of speakers. Not to mention the 75 hours of break in time, spent on each pair, only to start over again. All they can say is no. It won't hurt to ask should it come down to it.

You noted: "The Summits had some issues though, which the vendor and Martin Logan resolved."

What specific issues were there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola...try holly water...it might help to get your gremlings out of your house...it is not fair that someone like you had such bad luck with ML. Long time ago, I had a customer that had in three months, three bad stat panels...but that was with the Sequels...I have never had a problem like yours in my 20 years representing ML here in Costa Rica. Your problem is very unusual, you can see it at the reports that you got...try to play the lottery...you might win the jack pot...who knows...lol.
Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back