Transparent MM2 Power Cable for CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to pose my question again since it went unanswered the first time...
How are the "CLX" version of the MM2 different than the "normal" MM2 cables? In other words, if I plug the "normal" MM2 cables to the CLX, will I hear a difference when comparing those with the "CLX" version?

Spike

Rich,

First: the "guy" has a name and it is Andrea (that in Italy is a male name).

Second: "Tuned" is a word that in Italy we are use to utilize in these cases. Maybe we are all wrong (and it's not the only case). If you like, you can replace it with "calibrated" (but maybe you don't like even that one).

Third: I was not convinced by Transparent to buy the cables. I listened them in the room of the italian distrbutors that are, first of all, very good friends of mine (so, absolutely no marketing BS). Then, they lent me the cables for a test in my house. Only after having heard the cables in my system I decided to buy them. So, it was all very… transparent!

Four: as Bernard siad, I feel very sorry and disappointed for having received this kind of reactions from almost all of you. It is a real delusion. I thought this forum was a place for sharing opinions, suggestions and moments of joy we have in this fantastic hobby. But I was wrong (again!) and I have found only something else I don't like at all. At this point, I preferred never started this thread. So, this is my very last post in this forum.

P.S. for those of you who are interested without prejudices in these cords, pls. contact audionatali for informations, questions and evidence of "what is inside the boxes" and ask for Luca Natali. He speaks english very well and is far more qualified than me to give you the right answers.

Last edited:
First: the "guy" has a name and it is Andrea (that in Italy is a male name).

That's all fine and good, Andrea. I used the term "this guy" in response to Bernard's post number 38, where he specifically refers to you as "a guy." So if you have a problem with that, please take it up with Bernard.

Second: "Tuned" is a word that in Italy we are use to utilize in these cases. Maybe we are all wrong (and it's not the only case). If you like, you can replace it with "calibrated" (but maybe you don't like even that one).

I don't really care if you use the word tuned or calibrated or any other similar term. The idea is the same. The idea is that the cable has been somehow modified to perform especially for this particular speaker vs. any other. Please explain how you can modify a power cord to perform better with the CLX vs., say, my Summits? What electrical characteristics are you going to modify and how, in that little box, are you going to modify them? As Spike has asked twice already, how is this cable different from the normal MM2? What aspect of its design makes it work better with the CLX than with any other electrostatic speaker, or for that matter, any other electrical component?

Third: I was not convinced by Transparent to buy the cables. I listened them in the room of the italian distrbutors that are, first of all, very good friends of mine (so, absolutely no marketing BS). Then, they lent me the cables for a test in my house. Only after having heard the cables in my system I decided to buy them. So, it was all very… transparent!

So you are saying "I was convinced by my dealer to audition the cables because they were designed specifically to work with the speakers I bought from them, so there is no marketing BS by Transparent. That is almost laughable. Transparent is the one who put ML's CLX logo on the cable (apparently without authorization from ML) and convinced your dealer to market them to you, a CLX owner, as being specifically tuned to your speaker. No, no. Certainly no marketing BS there at all. *Snicker*

I will state again. I am not arguing that Transparent makes some nice cables. I am not arguing that you like these cables in your system. I am arguing that the idea of calibrating a power cord for a particular electrical component is Horse Crap! I will ask once again the pertinent question: Did you compare these cables with the normal MM2 cables in your system? And, if so, what differences did you hear? Several people have asked this question and you seem to be avoiding answering it.

Four: as Bernard siad, I feel very sorry and disappointed for having received this kind of reactions from almost all of you. It is a real delusion. I thought this forum was a place for sharing opinions, suggestions and moments of joy we have in this fantastic hobby. But I was wrong (again!) and I have found only something else I don't like at all. At this point, I preferred never started this thread. So, this is my very last post in this forum.

This is a forum for all things audio and we have many critical discussions regarding many topics. No, sorry, but we don't just pat people on the back every time they spend a ridiculous amount of money on some questionable audio tweak. We have critical discussions with strong opinions both pro and con regarding those tweaks. Just ask Gordon Gray and Bernard about the Window Dots thread.

If you wish to post on any audio forum, I suggest growing a thicker skin. This is all just people sharing opinions, and no one's opinion is better than anyone else's. Sorry if I offended you with my skepticism.

Aw geez.

Just when I thought the "Dots" thread was forgotten and it was safe to go outside. :D

GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back