Transparent MM2 Power Cable for CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea

Reaction score
To all CLX owners: I have received just yesterday from the Italian ML distributor Audio Natali, these wonderful cables for my 25th Anniversary CLX. They are Powerlink MM2 power cables specifically tuned by Transparent for the CLX. What a upgrade!
They put my CLXs on a totally different planet! It seems to hear the well known detail and transparency of the CLX with the body and the depth of the Wilson... Believe me: absolutely incredible!

Attachments

• MM2.jpg
    MM2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2,066
I'm sure they are good cables, but "specifically tuned" for the CLX? They slapped a little plaque on there. That's it. Pure marketing bullsh1t at it's finest.

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong. I have also the speaker cables (Transparent Reference XL) tuned for my amplifier (Krell 402e) and the CLX and the difference pre and post arrangement is huge. The same is for these power cables.

Absent Andrea's enthusiasm for the product, one does wonder how many of these they will sell.

GG

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong. I have also the speaker cables (Transparent Reference XL) tuned for my amplifier (Krell 402e) and the CLX and the difference pre and post arrangement is huge. The same is for these power cables.

I'm not saying the cables don't make a difference in your system - I'm sure they do. I'm saying you cannot "tune" A cable to a specific piece of equipment. That is pure bullshit

They had to have ML's blessing in order to use the trademarked logos. I wonder what ML's explanation is. Or is it just more marketing? i.e. a charge to use the logos.

They had to have ML's blessing in order to use the trademarked logos. I wonder what ML's explanation is. Or is it just more marketing? i.e. a charge to use the logos.

I'm sure it's just marketing. I'd love to see any documentation saying that these cables were "specifically tuned" for CLX's. They could be "specifically selected" by ML for use with CLX's based on their qualities, but not "specifically tuned".

I accept all your points of view and, honestly, I don't mind how many cables they'll sell. Italian distributor has introduced a special edition of CLX called CLX Art Italia (http://www.audionatali.com/scheda.cfm?id=910) that includes these cables. One thing is for sure: Transparent can custom calibrate all the cables from Reference line to the top Opus on the equipment they are connected to simply changing the impedance inside their network box according to the impedance of the components. I don't see where is the bullshit. It's only electronics. I didn't think to find this level of skepticism...

Andrea,

I do believe in cables and the difference they make. I understand impedance within the context of interconnects and speaker wires. I also understand that Transparent can customize what happens in their "network" boxes.

Having said that, I think we all are having a hard time with how this impacts a power cable for the CLX's.

I, like others that have posted, do have a healthy sense of skepticism regarding wire. I'm sure you've seen some of the claims wire manufacturers use in their advertisements.

So don't take the input too seriously. We are just giving you some honest feedback based on years of practical experience.

Best,

Gordon

Gordon,

after having read your last post, I haven't understood if you "believe in cables and the difference they make" or you have "a healthy sense of skepticism regarding wire".

On my side, after "years of practical experience", my strong opinion is that in building a good system, one have to start from good cables. So, for me, no skepticism in cable differences. And forget the claims of (not only) wire manufacturers advertisements...

I was sure to hear differences between the standard CLX power cables and these. The "problem" is that the difference is much greater than I expected...

Regards

I have no experience or opinion on Transparent cables but I do know that they tune the build in low pass filter for each equipment according to the impedance or current drawn. This kind of practice is not uncommon in electronics. Filter should have no effect on the audiable frequency range but only filter out radio-frequencies which nowadays are strongly present everywhere and can have effect how equipment is operating.

Andrea,

As I said in the first sentence of my previous post, I believe they do.

RFI / EMI shielding, good quality terminations and no limitations / interference with current draw in a PC, agreed. Other items, not qualified to comment.

In the end, all that matters is that you are happy from a cost / performance perspective.

Gordon

It's sure I'm happy as sure is that I don't want to convince you about the impact of power cables on the CLXs. Only, I don't understand how you cannot believe in this, both from a theoretical and practical point of view. Before have them in my house, I listened them in the house of the italian distributor. We were four firends and we had all the same impression.

Regards

Gordon,

I'm not picking any fight... I don't mind to do it at all. On the other hand, I am not the person that has used the word "bullshit" on the choices of other people in this thread. We call it respect.

And with this, that's all also for me.

Regards

"power cables specifically tuned by Transparent for the CLX"

If that quote comes from Transparent, it's marketing bullshit. English probably isn't your first language, so maybe if those are YOUR words something may have gotten lost in translation.

I think that maybe "specifically tuned for the CLX" really means "re-branded specifically for the CLX"

Don't take offense - it's nothing personal...

Last edited:
Tuned means calibrated not rebranded. Is there any difference or it is still bullshit ?...

Maybe english is not my first language but maybe electronics is not your first knowledge.

Take a look to the link I posted previously about CLX ART Italia. Unfortunately, it is only in italian...

Addio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back