Top Gear MPH Car Show 2008 - NEC Birmingham

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK last quiz question was obviously too easy. So let's try this... only clue is it is British. And be warned I know exactly what this one is:)

Only 68 were made.

Guesses are cool...

Attachments

• acar.jpg
    acar.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 78
It's a Jensen CV8 Mk I. Do I get a prize?;)

Looks like you're not wrong - not bad. How did you know? Or where is the link that told you (he said, expecting a link to show coverage that is way better than mine - don't know my cars like I do hi-fi - but I still like 'em).

Your prize is a demo of the CLX! Just phone your dealer...:D

Attachments

• jensen.jpg
    jensen.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Heh, I've had a passion for vintage cars even longer than I have for audio, and that's going some! I read most of the mags, including the two (vintage)majors from Britain - Thoroughbred & Classic Cars and Classic & Sports Car.

Unlike the earlier cars I had to cheat, just a bit, on the Jensen. I knew it was a Jensen CV8 by sight, but I felt sure more than 68 had been made. On to the internet where I found that there were Mk I, II and III versions (didn't know that!) and that Mk I was a run of.........68 cars. QED.

You live in Bristol, yet you didn't find or photograph any of the lovely examples from Bristol Cars in Filton? A diversification of the Bristol Aeroplane Company, they've made interesting cars since the late '40s. I think they're still in business, more or less.

/Ken

GT3 since Jeff has been on about one. Not sure about the colour, though.

Attachments

• gt3.jpg
    gt3.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 76
And the credit terms, rather unsubtle, though. If you have to ask...:D

Attachments

• gt32.jpg
    gt32.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 58
Those Porche engines are, of course, way to small. Therefore, I give you the 24 litre, 12 cylinder Napier Railton. Isn't that 2 litres per cylinder?:devil:

Attachments

• napier.jpg
    napier.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 58
Little Red Corvette...

Um...:D

Associate Simon (a Corvette owner) drools:)

Attachments

• corv.jpg
    corv.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 51
Back