Top 25 Audiophile Speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A number of the speakers are 'no brainers' and with so many wonderful choices out there, no list will satisfy everyone.

What the hell is Definitive Technology doing on this list?

I never understood any sort of ranked list in audiophilia - where subjectivity rules the land... except for publications that inevitably see some remuneration in some form or another.

That said... I have obvious objections to the list :p

+1. It's such a waste of time. It's like trying to rank favourite colours - everyone's list will be different. Who cares?

Agreed. It's so subjective. As we all know, it's only the end user's opinion that matters, not some "panel of audiophiles".

UGH!

The word best is meaningless.

No slam on those who happen to own speakers that are on the list.

GG

The list is about as relevant as a group of kids debating who has the best Dad. My dad is better than yours!

Even though arguably some of the speakers are pretty amazing....

Indeed, hardly any "slam" at all with the CLS... I kid, I kid!!! :p

Hi Todd,

I previously owned the CLS2A's. Great speaker.

I found the recent TAS article about the 10 most "influential" speakers, having a historical impact on speaker development and hi end audio over the last 30 years or so, much more relevant. At least for an old fart like me.

The venerable Dahlquist DQ 10, which was my first "audiophile" speaker, was on that list. Of course, I subsequently added the Sequerra "cyclops" ribbon tweeter to the mix. Butt ugly but sure raised the performance bar on the DQ.

Gordon

Last edited:
Hi Gordon,

I'll check into that TAS article - sounds like a good read.

You know this might be an interesting stand-alone thread (if it doesn't already exist)... "What were your first speakers, and what were your first audiophile speakers?"

Back