Took the plunge, my first ML

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auvryndar

Reaction score
Hi all , just bought my first ML speakers via the purity and I have some questions I hope you may help me with. I read that the built it amp is a class D amp, so which is better? the internal amp or an external amp? In my case it is a Bryston 2b ST. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

The simple truth is.... try both and let your ears decide !!

Keep in mind I would not rush to judgement untill you have some break-in time, say 60-100 hrs. By then you will hopefully be adjusted both sonically and physically with your new speakers.

Keep us in the loop as you go !

Oh yeah, BTW, Welcome !!

hi

have also matched ML with Bryston. Use 4bst and 6bst

i agree with twitch. let your ears tell all. however, a practical perspective

the 2bst, while high current and generally more watt tested than on spec, may be slightly underpowered to make difference in the low end.

consider maybe selling bryston (easy w transferable warranty) and putting funds to source / room acoustics / cables / other . unless u be setting up ht system

The Purity has been tested , and compared with quite expensive amps, and the built-in is doing a very good job.
I never ever play loud, and I have a Bryston B100SST, same power amp as 2B SST, and on the Aeon I the sound is extremely detailed, clean and has very high resolution.
BTW, the SST output devices are superior to ST......

Back