To Vantage Or Not...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave,

Looks like your room is about the same as mine: 14.5 x 21 x 9. How do you feel the Vantages perform within these dimensions? The Summits seem to shine in mid-size to larger rooms like this.

they perform superbly !!! Whereas my room is a couple of inches wider and two feet longer you have the advatage of an additional foot of height. No doubt Summitt's would sing quite nicely in your size room !!

Hi,

Well I went for an audition of the Vantage's which were excellent. I then decided to listen to the Summit's (oh dear I hear you all say!). Well there was a large difference, and as they say 'the rest is history' - I indeed went for the Summit's. I think I must have inherited part of Joey's upgrade philosophy!!

I reasoned that I will probably not get another chance at owning such a great speaker - I managed to trade in my Ascent I's for a good price. I also just placed my order in time before the 10% price increase.

Now all I have to do is wait the two weeks or so - can't wait to get them into my room!! I will report back when they are here.
Thanks for all the advice
Marc.

Hi,

Well I went for an audition of the Vantage's which were excellent. I then decided to listen to the Summit's (oh dear I hear you all say!). Well there was a large difference, and as they say 'the rest is history' - I indeed went for the Summit's. I think I must have inherited part of Joey's upgrade philosophy!!

Now all I have to do is wait the two weeks or so - can't wait to get them into my room!! I will report back when they are here.

Marc.
Congratulations Marc,
No need to report back, I already have speaker envy, And am trying to fight the upgrade bug.:eek:
Keeping the harmony in my Marriage may depend on how successful I am at resisting the temptation to upgrade.:D

Congratulations Marc,
No need to report back, I already have speaker envy, And am trying to fight the upgrade bug.:eek:
Keeping the harmony in my Marriage may depend on how successful I am at resisting the temptation to upgrade.:D
The marriage issue is always an issue... I just stated the benefits - sound, size of speaker etc, must have missed something :)

Btw, how do people find using the Theater I with the Summit's?
Marc.

Congratulations Marc,

Speaking of harmony... I think I jilted the bf-gf harmony yesterday when I dragged Melissa to a newfound hi end audio store by the Sushi restaurant last night after dinner....

I had to end dinner early just to make it before the door closed....

I think Melissa was angry that she couldnt get a last order of sushi because I just HAD to hear the Sonus Faber Amati Anniversarios.....

I need to get my priorities in order.... :( :( .

Back