Tilting Martin Logan Speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmh

Reaction score
I was advised by a friend who tilts his Ethos about 2". I was not sure tilting can affect the sound until I did it last week. I tilt my Ascent by loosening the two rear spikes to their maximum length. The sound really improves a great deal: the mid becomes more lifelike; the micro details are more revealed.
An improvement is greater than upgrading interconnect or power cable.

Give it a try and will cost you nothing.

I will give this a try soon and let you now my findings. I have Ascents also so should be interesting. Always looking for a no co$t upgrade these days.

Doug - out

After some time I tilted my Vantages forward and they really came alive. I noticed how much better they sounded by accident when I was getting up to change a CD and when I stood up in the middle of a song it just sounded great. One of those random eureka moments. Electrostatic speakers are so sensitive to direction (both horizontal and vertical).

I am actually thinking of getting speaker feet "risers" to put behind the rear feet as I had to thread the feet out quite a bit. This way I can tighten the rear feet closer to the speaker body. You can kind of see what I mean in the picture below.

87764.jpg

Hey,
I know those Brass Footers!! I get mailings from them from time to time. What is the name of that company?

They have some cool stuff.

Great looking are they threaded?

Yes they are. You can buy it in different versions, but the one I have has a threaded pin so you can screw one side into the feet and one side into the speaker (and it's up to you how much in either direction).

I have a slight tilt on my Sequels. I have them on Oregon DV 1.5" spike/cones, and on th rear pair of spikes, I place 4 large washers over the screw before screwing them into the speakers, an this raises the back end a little less than 1/2", and tilts the speakers forward a little. They are VERY stable, and the sound improvement (especially soundstaging and placement of individual voices/instruments) is significant...

Back