Theater vs Theater I

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginassar

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm two years into being a ML owner. I have a pair of Scripts, and a Pair of Quests. I was thinking of matching them all up with a Theater center but I'm not sure what the difference between a Theater I and a Theater center is. (Crazy that I left the most important channel last)

Specifications show no differences but aside from a price difference -- is there something I should be looking for?

Sorry for the new questions but as this is a side hobby -- I have to piece my collection together.

G

One advantage of the Theater is the ability to voice the Theater speaker to sound more like your Scripts and Quests by using the same power cord and AC power source. If you are not a power cord advocate, then this may not matter.

On a slight hijack note: It has been impossible for me to get to the crossover in either speaker. Does anyone have an idea how to take either of these apart?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Duke, but is that a difference in the Theater and Theater I? I mean, is power supply on an isolated circuit or filtered in the Theater I vs the Theater? Perhaps I'm missing the understanding to get your answer.

My Scripts have separate power cords per speaker. Depending on the quality of each of the cords I could have slight distortions.

I made the assumption that the Theater would have it's own cord. Perhaps I'm not seeing why the Theater would be able to match up and not the Theater I.

Sorry for the lack of information -- still new to thise.

I often say that the i in the Martin Logan nomenclature stands for "increased" price. This is not always true. The Descent i sub, for example, has significantly more power than the Descent. I have both the Theater and the Theater i. Both have power cords for the panels however my i has the converter in the cord whereas the original Theater has the converter within the speaker. ML modified the 6.5" woofer in the i but the frequency response and sonic signature remain about the same. Since the i's will be newer than the non i I, (that's me) would slightly prefer the i if the price is the same but would not pay much of a premium over the Theater. IMHO Either would be an outstanding addition to your system.

Regards
Gary

Back