The Season has begun.....Brawn?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody here pay much attention to Formula One?

A bit--not as much as I did when I lived in the UK. For some reason, over on this side of the pond people seem to prefer watching endless left hand turns in an oval. No offence to Nascar fans intended, but compared to F1, Nascar is so dull! They could at least throw a couple of right turns or chicanes in there!

I also enjoy rallying, but that too seems to be poorly represented overe here. *Shrug*

Nascar is so dull! They could at least throw a couple of right turns or chicanes in there!

They do, twice a year, @ Watkins Glenn, NY and Sonoma, Ca.

the sport really hasen't been the same since Earnhardt passed away, IMO.

Yes, I enjoy just about all forms of motorsports except NASCAR. But I can't say that I follow them closely. NASCAR racing in technology that was state of the art in the first part of the past century somehow does not excite me. However, having said that I do like the historic races at Goodwood. So, go figure.

im an avid fan of formula one, and Brawn gp did spectacularly well on sunday,
cant wait to see the next round, will be interesting to see how mclaren and ferrari respond.

I also enjoy rallying, but that too seems to be poorly represented overe here. *Shrug*

Ah rallying, a real drivers test, not only are there turns, there are surface changes (gravel, snow, ice, tarmac, mud, etc.) on roads you get to travel over once or twice (not endless practice like most other sports). That’s a true driver and vehicle test in my book.
When rally drivers take F1 drivers for a 'spin', the F1 driver can barely stand at the end and is amazed and flabbergasted at the car control a Rally driver must have :p

If you are Rally starved, and are stuck in the backwaters here in the US, then head over here for your regular fix: http://www.wrctorrents.com/

That’s how I keep up with the WRC. Video quality is very good as it ‘pulled’ from an HD broadcast on Eurosport.

Regarding F1, this has to be the best start of a season in years!

Excellent qualifying action and amazing racing all around.

The Brawn team really looks like a contender, and based on Barichelos in race and experience, and post-race comments, the car is very, very strong. Never seen an F1 car survive so many mishaps and still finish strong. :cool:

F1 FTW! I am excited to see what Brawn can do. I always liked that guy when he was at Ferrari. But I am a Ferrari fan first and I hope they can pull it out this year. But the big news is the new US F1 team that will start racing in 2010. Started by Peter Windsor (Speed channel F1 correspondent) and his partner....it will field 2 US drivers. And almost certainly a US bound GP next year as well.

Yeah, it looks like Ferrari made a huge mistake not hiring Ross to run the team and I actually thought that when it happened. But the reality is that Italian politics gets in Ferrari's way more than just about any other team.

They made several mistakes last year that cost them the Drivers championship and they almost lost the constructors and this year they continue to make mistakes.

I just don't see Stefano changing his spots and by his mistakes last year and the start this year I think we can expect more mistakes too come. The question is will Montezemolo put Schummy in the place of Stefano?;)

Realize that Brawn GP had two weeks of testing and just a month ago was almost a no show for the season. Ross took over a team that last year finished second to last in the constructors championship. So what he started with was an unabashed Honda loser.

Ross has developed a car with much less resources and no testing, that out of the box makes McLaren and Ferrari look like amateurs. This does not look good if you are Ferrari or McLaren fan.

But if you are a Mercedes fan, well then you can at least enjoy the engine wins.:D

F-1 fan always!

I am so happy that Brawn GP has come out swinging and scored such an impressive 1-2 placing in Australia. Barrichello was so fortunate after having several incidents involving bodywork that would have left most of the other cars out! Malaysia should be interesting? I just read that the Branson Virgin sponsorship is for only two races! Malaysia may be the last race for sponsorship from Virgin.

Arrgh, you made me look! then I saw your posting date ;)

For real, they did disqualify Hamilton from the race at Australia and now it looks like he or McLaren might get excluded from the Championship for cheating again.

You gotta love Formula One, only they can screw up F1 to the point of idiocracy.

HUGE F1 fan! My wife is even a HUGE F1 fan! She hates the end of the season and REALLY looks forward to the start of the new season! She even has an F1 app on her iPhone and is OFTEN telling me the news of the day for F1! Gotta love that woman!

Was SO GLAD to see Brawn and Button out there doing so well! That is AWESOME!

Back