The road to madness... A second Descent on the way

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to pity me, I'm not a fan of multichannel. Sounds way to unnatural to me. I'm getting so much depth with my system, people always ask me where the surround speakers are hidden anyway.

I think the multichannel experience is something you either love or hate. You can put me in the hate column. I have a few friends that love it, so to each their own.

My Luxman player plays multichannel, but the Naim does not and that's my main reference.

I did not mean that we should pity you. Rather I was using the term pity as in "That's a Pity" kind of a term of art. Anyway, if you really do like 2 channel then you should try a McCormack MAP-1 with its stereo ARM option. It is kind of like Stereo on steroids or put another way it will give that open ML sound that you get with the CLX and it will double it or take it to the next level. You can actually switch it on and off instantly and see which way you like to listen to your 2 channel sources, either with or without ARM. Try Best of Radiohead in stereo ARM or Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here, I am guessing you will like ARM better than non-ARM and yes you will need to add two ML speakers in the rear and in the center if you can, but you do not have to.

Back