The replacement for the Spire is called Montis.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, a good show. Of course they sounded best on the last day, as they where air freighted off the production line at the last minute so had no run in to speak of. Yes, the printed specs will be the same as the Spire as the package is the same, but the difference is to be simply cleaner sounding, most notably in the bottom end. Honestly, not as huge a jump in performance as the Ethos was over Vantage, but a good upgrade. Since the Spire was post CLX in development, it had for me the best blend and best "life" of the line up, so they will remain good values. Actually for me the stand out was the soon to be LX 16 bookshelf. Stunning looks and i have a pair at home and for $800/pr. a no brainer.
PS. we are starting to schedule the second phase of the CLX truth in sound tour with indys for the fall. I still want the occasionaly weekend off, but look for us in stores over the next few months with the traveling sets.

PS. we are starting to schedule the second phase of the CLX truth in sound tour with indys for the fall. I still want the occasionaly weekend off, but look for us in stores over the next few months with the traveling sets.
Hey Peter, how about bringing the show to Canada as well. Should be easy as the speakers are now made here.

Shows for the indy's are being put together. As for Canada, that is the responsibility of Plurison, our distributor. Generally, they have been excited about the Reserve Dealer program to try and help Indy's and have implemented some of the ideas with some of their dealers. As to them doing a CLX tour, I can't speak to their plans.

From Peter Soderberg..." Yes, the printed specs will be the same as the Spire as the package is the same, but the difference is to be simply cleaner sounding, most notably in the bottom end. Honestly, not as huge a jump in performance"... " but a good upgrade"...

I think that yes, you will. But only your ears can tell. Ask your dealer for a demo in your home... this way, with your system, and your own place, you could be sure about the sound change... please, tell us your findings. If I would be you, I just keep my Spyres and with the money difference, I'll get new music to my room, new dvds and cds!... happy listening,
R.

Do not worry about the room size, I have a lovely pair of CLXs in my small room, and they are like earphones ;) The bass at the Spires are very heavy, but you have the bass control as the Vantages... on the other hand, the Montis frequency adjustment is 100 Hz, so it might work better in small rooms ( I am guessing this ) Try to demo them iin your room (any) and please tell us your findings, we can learn from you. Happy listening,
R.:rocker:

Do not worry about the room size, I have a lovely pair of CLXs in my small room, and they are like earphones ;) The bass at the Spires are very heavy, but you have the bass control as the Vantages... on the other hand, the Montis frequency adjustment is 100 Hz, so it might work better in small rooms ( I am guessing this ) Try to demo them iin your room (any) and please tell us your findings, we can learn from you. Happy listening,
R.:rocker:

Thanks for the advice. Now to find a montis to test out.

Back