The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the retail store I once managed.. Sound and Cinema

Photo is not that great, but some lusty gear from the store I managed until we closed... Sound and Cinema in Knoxville, TN...

Dynaudio Confidence C4's, driven by a conrad-johnson Premier 350 Amp, SimAudio Moon P5 preamp, and SimAudio Moon Eclipse CD player. Cardas Golden Reference Speaker Cable.

room_04_1200x306.jpg

Last edited:
The CLX maybe sweet, but hey, Martin Logan, keep trying, eh?:ROFL:

Wind up? Me? Never...:)

Attachments

• trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 715
Hey, there's the Jonfo/RUR mini-split A/C in the upper right!

What the heck is the large stainless gizmo on the back wall center?

The CLX maybe sweet, but hey, Martin Logan, keep trying, eh?:ROFL:

Wind up? Me? Never...:)

Hey, there's the Jonfo/RUR mini-split A/C in the upper right!

What the heck is the large stainless gizmo on the back wall center?

Bass horns x3. I reckon the soundstage just has to be immense...

The wind up was to get ML up on their feet to produce a Statement E3...:D Suspect it isn't going to work, though. We'll have to wait for the next boom, I think.

Last edited:
LMAO HARD .I just lost it Bernard as I can relate !:bowdown:
Nice to know you feel my pain, Chris. Too bad that this site does not have software that rejects pictures that are wide loads.

I think that the speakers in the last two pictures are really ugly ducklings, whereas the CLX is the belle of the ball. BTW my wife thinks the CLX looks cool; now if only I could afford a pair ! :(

Nice to know you feel my pain, Chris. Too bad that this site does not have software that rejects pictures that are wide loads.

It does, Bernard. It's only if they are hosted on other sites that it loses the plot.

In red, or blue, those Avantgardes can look really nice, I think. Better than the CLX, IMHO. See earlier in the thread for blue. They sound pretty good, too.

Look again

In post #194 with the violin bow tonearm lets all look again. Do you see anything else interesting or funny from a design perspective?
My 10 year old daughter pointed it out to me.:banghead:

Doug - out

In post #194 with the violin bow tonearm lets all look again. Do you see anything else interesting or funny from a design perspective?
My 10 year old daughter pointed it out to me.:banghead:

Doug - out
The base is shaped like a grand piano.

In red, or blue, those Avantgardes can look really nice, I think. Better than the CLX, IMHO. See earlier in the thread for blue. They sound pretty good, too.
I checked out the blue. I still prefer the CLX....and I have a penchant (fetish?) for blue. Now a CLX in blue.......!!!

Koetsu Urushi Sky Blue.

A bit bubblegummy blue, but hey it's a Koetsu !!

Attachments

• S-URUSHI-BLUE.jpg
    S-URUSHI-BLUE.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 441
I've been there. I could never live with those room treatments. Strange and ugly only begin to describe them. I thought the room would be larger than it is.

I have heard these room treatments in a home, and I don't think they absorb bass very well. I think they are good for diffusion in large rooms. Their website has been promising to post data from an independent party for 2 years now.

As for the big Clearaudio TT, who in the world puts his 'table in front of a huge subwoofer? Entirely too much bling as well.

I wonder if he tried the Post 73 configuration - could have set his TT back against the wall that way. Or maybe he just got it, posted a pic, and moved it later. Who knows... or cares!:)

I definately like the look of the system in post 73. Now that's a nice bit of kit to play with.

I like that Clearaudio - what model is it?

Once that is set up - nobody would be moving it. As for its position - who knows - bass waves put energy everywhere.

It's actually the Statement. You can tell by the large pendulum dangling down between it's legs. ;)

Back