The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually the Statement. You can tell by the large pendulum dangling down between it's legs. ;)

No - it's not a Statement - heard a Statement, seen a Statement, spent a few hours with a Statement only a few weeks ago. The Statement is taller and not as fat. Unless this is an older or newer model, but I thought it was something else.

I have heard these room treatments in a home, and I don't think they absorb bass very well. I think they are good for diffusion in large rooms. Their website has been promising to post data from an independent party for 2 years now.

I don't know anyone who would tolerate those "things" even in a man-cave. How would you feel about them in your house, David, not to mention your wife?

They aren't absorptive at all, being made of some kind of hard material, I believe cast and painted. Epoxy, fiberglass, and concrete all come to mind. As for tests, it sounds as though the results weren't what they hoped for. Mind you, I'm not a proponent of a lot of absorption and in fact find it's easy to overdo and sucks the life out of the music.

They sort of look like something H.R. Geiger would do for the set of one of the "Aliens" movies.

No - it's not a Statement - heard a Statement, seen a Statement, spent a few hours with a Statement only a few weeks ago. The Statement is taller and not as fat. Unless this is an older or newer model, but I thought it was something else.

I thought it was cut short, too. I think it is probably made to order. At that level, you can ask for what you want. Any sensible maker should oblidge unless he's snowed under...

I'm not claiming to be right, here, though. But it really does look like a short Statement, so I'm with Tim.

Well heeled dwarf? Who knows...:)

Last edited:
. But it really does look like a short Statement,

Verified - I checked my pics of the Statement and all the components of the Statement are in this picture - it's just that the stainless steel?? spacers are much shorter.

It also has the effect of making it look squat and fat.

So your scenario is likely right - rich dwarf!

Last edited:
You know I keep thinking about that one... in fact I was doing so today. It's getting a little late, so I guess I ought to make some real decision pretty soon.

Some really tasty non ML dream speakers. The Arrakis by Rockport Technologies. And they're only $165,000.:)

arrakis-front-med.jpg

arrakis-back-med.jpg

arrakis-detail-med.jpg

Last edited:
And here's what's on its way to my house....

But in dark wood instead of light. The GamuT S-9's. $175k a pair.
Watch out CLX's!

Attachments

• {39F5D38E-28FD-4BE5-A86A-4FFE27A04321}_S9-Blanco-STD358.jpg.jpg
    {39F5D38E-28FD-4BE5-A86A-4FFE27A04321}_S9-Blanco-STD358.jpg.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 997

Latest posts

Back