The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those amps look like some kind of Ayre amps. V-6xe's maybe.(?)

While on the Ayre site I noticed this Turntable. The Ayre DPS Turntable. Anybody heard this one?

Satch

Attachments

• 0000aDPS.jpg
    0000aDPS.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 720
Those amps look like some kind of Ayre amps. V-6xe's maybe.(?)

While on the Ayre site I noticed this Turntable. The Ayre DPS Turntable. Anybody heard this one?

Satch

Yep, I heard it in two different rooms at RMAF last fall - Ayre's and someone else's (can't recall who). It's very nice!

Attachments

• Ayre03.jpg
    Ayre03.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,509
:drool:

211 single ended niceness. Hell, they are way nicer than mine. Time for an upgrade?:D Transformer coupled pre too.

Bet this sounds nuts good, too. At least, I bet it would to me.

Drooooooooooooool.

Dunno about that Justin. Yours are one of my favourite amps here on this board. You know where you can send them if you upgrade 'cos I can find very little about the company in general. Where did you get yours if you don't mind me asking?

Adam - there's virtually nothing out there. Even the website says virtually nowt - translated version here, if you can call it that.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.audioanalog.at/&ei=dyUdSsWeCKOQjAfUv-yJDQ&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Daustria%2Banalog%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

I'd take my Ascents driven by these amps over the Spire/Summit driven by whatever I've heard them with - usually Krells. They cast a huge soundstage, are very 3D yet still precise/focused with imaging, and will knock out 130 Watts into 4 Ohms - or maybe be more - my spec sheet disagrees with the website, and says 170 Watts, but I reckon it's a misprint on my spec sheet. But there's a chance mine are a different spec, I guess. It's obviously a garden shed type company.

That's not to say I wouldn't take the Spire/Summit over my Ascents driven by these amps - I'm sure I would.

List price was 7200 Euros. I found them on ebay Germany. The reason I went for them is because I'd heard a few 211 based amps, and was blown away by them. These had some power, so I just took a gamble - and it really paid off. List price is relatively low for such huge and powerful 211 based monos because he sells direct, pretty much, I think.

God only knows what his triode reference monos are capable of...

The only reason they'd go is if I need more power... there seem to be some Apogee Divas around that could do with a refurb... Divas in a 12x17 room anyone?:D

Last edited:
:drool:Obsessive compulsive Apogee disorder syndrome.

Gloss black Synergy 1.5.

:cool:

Now Justin, will you fall into line and stop posting Apogee pics on the ML website? I mean... really!:)

EDIT: Got this wrong - actually it's a pair of restored Duettas.

Attachments

• synergy.jpg
    synergy.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
Nope, Bernard, nor did it MLs:D

Tasty - even after all these years... CLSIIz.

Attachments

• clsiiz.jpg
    clsiiz.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 559
Cool - they do look a bit similar. Here's some Acoustic Signature madness since we haven't had any of that yet......

Attachments

• as1.jpg
    as1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 482
  • as2.jpg
    as2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 480
  • as3.jpg
    as3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 478
Blu Ray - Goldmund styleeeeeee.... from Munich 2009. If they lost the gold, it'd look way better.

Attachments

• goldmund-bluray_big.jpg
    goldmund-bluray_big.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 459
I don't mind the gold at all - to each their own. But I really don't like that controller?? thing on the base.

Unison Research Giro - by Clearaudio. Nice looker.

Attachments

• unisontt_rescut-728-75.jpg
    unisontt_rescut-728-75.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 416
  • unisontt_resanno-728-75.jpg
    unisontt_resanno-728-75.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 421
These EVO's would be a nice addition

Right between the CLX's

Attachments

• 0172_027_380X380ANI.jpg
    0172_027_380X380ANI.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 425
I reckon there is space for more kit in there yet...:)

What is it today? Logans? Horns? Apogees? Amps? Quite a selection. And who needs diffusers in a room like that?:D

To hell with it - let's fire the lot up!:)

Attachments

• loganaphorn.jpg
    loganaphorn.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back