The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tasty when naked? Personally, I love the way the foil looks in these shots. They don't have the surreal see-through quality of an ML, though.

Recently quality checked too. Er...;)

Attachments

• nakedap1.jpg
    nakedap1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 464
  • nakedap2.jpg
    nakedap2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 475
I can't help but wonder what a turntable designed by ARC would look like.

ARC are an amplifier company. That would be sacrilege! ;)

Still - if they did then I'd hope they'd think of a design a little more original than simply chopping open a preamplifier case and plonking a big, ugly acrylic plate on the top!

Vox Olympian. Rather strange looking - possibly an acquired taste - probably a polariser for which thread it belongs in. I know someone (trusted source) who has heard them, and they are, apparently, awesome. If I remember correctly they cost around £170,000:D

Attachments

• speakrboxlovebelo.jpg
    speakrboxlovebelo.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 422
Rather strange looking - possibly an acquired taste - probably a polariser for which thread it belongs in. I know someone (trusted source) who has heard them, and they are, apparently, awesome. If I remember correctly they cost around £170,000:D

I can't decide if I'm feeling a transcendent, ethereal love - or - a deep, wrenching disgust... oh, and then there's the Vox Olympian ;)

It's like some steam-punk meets New Yankee Workshop quantum entanglement mishap.

I'd have to hear it to decide the level of rapture/loathing.

Vox Olympian. Rather strange looking - possibly an acquired taste - probably a polariser for which thread it belongs in. I know someone (trusted source) who has heard them, and they are, apparently, awesome. If I remember correctly they cost around £170,000:D

That speaker is STUNNING in my opinion!!!

Doug - out

Some amazing images here. Be sure to enlarge them using the icon. Stunning craftmanship.

I have seen LV's site before and being a cabinet maker, would like to see their higher end pieces in the wood so to speak, they do look well made, i admire the engineering/fine craftsmanship marriage. I like the rack, nicely done and elegant.

Has the Nautilus been shown yet? Confession to skipping some pages..:duh:

Looks like it hasnt which surprises me so here one is..

nautilus1.jpg

I want to hear these, have done for years, not at all because of their visual aspect, but the acoustic design sense, (rear wave dissipation).

And these items i'm getting for Christmas, cos i believe in the baby jesus..

mbl08.jpg

mbl10.jpg

CD collection looks ok too..

That's a damn nice DAC. I think I want one too!

Yeah it looks good on paper and in the flesh. Just irrational lust, though, really. No harm in that, though.

At the end of the day it is 22,000 Euros and for all we know it might have the sonic signature of a... a... something that doesn't sound good:D

That's a damn nice DAC. I think I want one too!

thought the same too so sent an email to the mother company. At AUD$ 77'000.00 for the D1 & C1, or half of for the dac....... I mean, it's only someone else's product hot rodded.

Back