The Really Tasty Gear Thread - With Pictures!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. I still can't quite accept their new "all silver" colour scheme. Silver ARC gear has black handles; everyone knows that!
Yes, but they will supply you with black handles to match the rest of your ARC stuff, if you so desire.

Can you point me to that original link?

Noooo - long gone from a free hosting site. Still got the files obviously.

First ever CLX vid on YouTube by me here.. You will notice the MBLs come across rather better, though:D Must have been the material;)

The chap in the CLX vid talking to Pete - is saying the best sound he'd ever heard - was - a pair of Apogees!!! The last bit is me... being nice about the CLX.

Last edited:
Do you want to get rid of your amps then?

I know where you can dispose of them...........I'll have them picked up this afternoon.........
Had I bought my monoblocks new, I would have bought silver; I had no choce as they were used. I bought them for the sound, not the looks, so no, you can't have them. They don't have the usual ARC faceplates, and I have seen some with faceplates, so I could conceivably buy silver faceplates.

Last edited:
Yes, but they will supply you with black handles to match the rest of your ARC stuff, if you so desire.

That they do. An option I will definitely take advantage of if/when I'm in the position to buy one! Actually I'd order them with black handles but order a spare pair of silver ones, ready for eventual resale.

Since I'm talking about dream dollars, I'll order a dream Ref Anniversary, a Phono Ref 2, and a pair of Ref 210's!

Attachments

• dagostino_2.jpg
    dagostino_2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 284
To be honest, I am absolutely disgusted with Krell. I think treating Dan the way they did is totally inexcusable. Whilst I don't know the details, and Dan may well have been a pain (I simply do not know if he was or not), the only reason the guys at Krell exist is because of Dan.

Shame on Krell. Shame on them.:(

I'll never buy a new Krell product of any sort. Quite simply, it isn't a Krell.

May monsters from the id destroy the individuals responsible.

May the responsible parties each be crushed to death by a precariously unbalanced pallet of Evolution 900e amps.

Of course that's just whimsy... tough to condemn anyone when we don't really know the whole story.

It was an interesting interview though. I enjoyed the slight time delay and their talking over each other on occasion :)

He mentioned that copper retains heat a lot longer than aluminium (notice the spelling ;)) I bet his new amp would fry an egg after having played some of your trance/dance music (at User211 levels) for a bit, eh?

I didn't even realise that was yet another word Americans don't spell correctly!

Actually, as I learned in the excellent book "The Disappearing Spoon", there is simply an alternate spelling (not "wrong", just alternate as coined by the chemist Charles Hall). Hall, who was touting his electrolysis based process for separating aluminum from other trace elements, latched onto the spelling "aluminum" in order to promote the new miracle metal in a similar sounding vane with the more desired (and still quite new and decidedly "upper-crust") metal of the time: Platinum. The rise of Aluminum's importance was so fast and furious in America that the "non-i" spelling caught on and remains to this day. You can call it incorrect if you wish, but understanding the history often helps to add truer color (or colour) to the situation at hand :D

BTW... why does my spell checker work with some of these post editing windows and not with others? Thank you Bill Gates.

Also, you spelled "realize" incorrectly ;)

Also, you spelled "realize" incorrectly ;)

HAHA :ROFL:

I find language fascinating quite honestly........

Thanks for the little explanation - history is always interesting! I must say though - I wouldn't say "alternate" - I'd say "Correct" (in the US) and "Incorrect" (in Australia [or Britain for that matter]).

Even more interesting is the explanation for the pronunciation of the word. Americans say it the way it is spelt. We also say it the way we spell it.

Interestingly, how do schools deal with it if a kid were to spell the British way?

I know here (many years ago - not sure of the situation today though), I would have been "hit with the big stick" if I used American spelling.

Last edited:
Interestingly, how do schools deal with it if a kid were to spell the British way?
You think spelling is difficult! Try moving from the British system where a ton is 2,240lbs, to the American system where a ton is 2,000lbs, and no one told you about it before you handed in your homework.

Does this picture belong in this thread ? :devil:

Attachments

• mt10-front-source-l.jpg
    mt10-front-source-l.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 238
Nup - it belongs in the f'ugly thread! ;).........sorry - don't like it personally.
I agree with you completely, hence the devil emoticon at the end of the question.

I can't help but wonder what a turntable designed by ARC would look like.

I agree with you completely, hence the devil emoticon at the end of the question.

I can't help but wonder what a turntable designed by ARC would look like.

This entry should be deleted and moved to "The Really Vile Gear Thread".

Back