The CLX Martin Logan should have built !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
OK ! I have decided that the flat panel on the bass section of the CLX is weird but it would look much better if they changed the aesthetics of the design.

Martin Logan , are you seeing this ! .;) This is what you should have done.:D It not only is a better looking speaker it resembles the CLS, its predecessor much better.

Its never to late to change ! It was a European release. The USA version can be tweaked !:D

Attachments

• CLX_Natural_Cherry_Front (Small).jpg
    CLX_Natural_Cherry_Front (Small).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 768
C.A.P.,
Thats what I'm talking about!
Can you put one together with the curverd sides.

Must admit when I first pulled up the picture I did not like it.
But then I saw post #50
http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showpost.php?p=70005&postcount=50

Notice the curves on the wooden side on this design, now imagine adding another one just like it on the other side, would solve the symmetry issue and it wouldn't be so boxy looking, maybe even sexy.

Anyone good with Photo Shop that could give us an idea of what that might look like??

That looks great, Cap. I also expect that they have thought about this and maybe are planning on it. You gotta leave yourself a direction to upgrade and improve on the model, don't you? Surely they realize a lot of people will prefer the more traditional look and will offer that. Right?

Nice...

I like the complete frame... not sure if I like the wood/accent running between the panels...

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't like it any better than ML's effort.

I'd like to see the timber done away with - what ever happened to "air frame"?

Surely there are more high-tech (and better looking) (and more effective) supports than a daggy old timber "picture frame"?

Your editing skills are obviously very good - just try it - please?

Sorry to rain on your parade, but I don't like it any better than ML's effort.

I'd like to see the timber done away with - what ever happened to "air frame"?

Surely there are more high-tech (and better looking) (and more effective) supports than a daggy old timber "picture frame"?

Your editing skills are obviously very good - just try it - please?

Here ya go , its a bit rough but you will get the picture !(Pun Intended)

Attachments

• clx (Small).jpg
    clx (Small).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 765
  • clxx (Small).jpg
    clxx (Small).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 726
  • clxx (Small) (2).jpg
    clxx (Small) (2).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:
I'm a detractor - I like the CLX as is, but so far only in red. I'd like to see it in blue, however.

The airframe-only pic makes it look like something is missing - guess the CLX has really grown on me !

Think I prefer the 'airframe' version, guys. I believe the 'missing' wooden frame side next to the curved panel has something to do with 'wrap-round soundwave' consideration or something like that.

Notice that even with cone speaker designs, the current trend is to severely curve backwards the edges of the front baffle.

Last edited:
Here ya go , its a bit rough but you will get the picture !(Pun Intended)

Yes, a bit rough, but excellent. Just how I expected it would look! Now we're starting to get something that looks.....well......what I would have expected from ML......The airframe version is definitely my preference.

Maybe you should do up a version of all of these, then post in the polls section - the response would be interesting.......

The airframe-only pic makes it look like something is missing - guess the CLX has really grown on me !

I know what you mean (on first look), but then I would then proceed to make the bass panel 50% wider and we might even start to get a response that goes below 56Hz!!

I don't really like any of the wood frames but the air frames are perfect.

I think the Air Frame style looks the best to me. Although, it sort of looks like a "Final Sound" electrostat panel only speaker but I like the high-tech minimal look. The "Air Frame" would blend into the room much better and take up a little less space since it would narrower than having a frame around it.

I think the Air Frame style looks the best to me. Although, it sort of looks like a "Final Sound" electrostat panel only speaker but I like the high-tech minimal look. The "Air Frame" would blend into the room much better and take up a little less space since it would narrower than having a frame around it.

Yay for the air-frame! Check - Martin Logan - are you seeing THIS!

Hi CAP,

First of all, on behalf of all ML Club members, thank you for your photoshop efforts.

I hope ML is listening, or perhaps better stated, looking. I love your air frame rendering. Almost makes me want to audition a pair. I would but my room is too small. Prior to seeing your simulation, I had no desire to do so.

The simplicity of lines, the more than subtle inferrence of a modern looking sonic "tour de force", and a realization / continuation of the ML line visual aesthetic in their current "statement product", that is much more consistent with their more recent releases.

IMHO, assuming ML can implement the CAP / CLX / AF design (patent pending ;)) without compromising the sonics, it's an absolute no brainer.

Best regards,

Gordon

Hola Chicos...well I think that the CLX is Air Frame...and this is a super good advantage to prior models. This means no frame resonance at any speaker working frequency. I like their look and more I look to them, the more I like them...I wish I could have a pair to have fun...I wish you a very happy listening,
Roberto

I appreciate the new renditions, C.A.P. They are a very good improvement but the basic raw materials (the panel unit itself) still looks like a security screen door off a double-wide.
Now two completely seperate panel sections, hmmmm . . .

"Now two completely seperate panel sections, hmmmm . . ."

Yes, then one can run the tweeter/mid-range panels full range and use the woofer panels to augment the bottom end without having a crossover interfere.

"Now two completely seperate panel sections, hmmmm . . ."

Yes, then one can run the tweeter/mid-range panels full range and use the woofer panels to augment the bottom end without having a crossover interfere.

How so? Wouldn't you still need a low-pass filter in front of the woofer panel?

Also, honestly I think most people would rebel against a two panel design. I mean look how people b!tch about the size of the CLS/CLX panels. And now we are going to give them four different panels to fit into a room? I just don't see it going over very well.

Back