The 25 Rules Of Hi-Fi

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Justin,

FWIW, many of your statements are so room size, material dependant that I wouldn't consider many of them to be "rules" per se. In fact, I fundamentally disagree with most of your rules.

I assume you started this thread to develop a list of "absolutes" for crazy people like us.

As we all know, there is no such thing.

Best,

Gordon

Gordon,

I thought I made it plain - it was just a bit of fun. I don't agree with them either...

Read back and have a look at all the comments.

Justin

Some of them I would consider to be myths. Interesting read and thread though. One thing that I've learned about the conquest of continuos improvement with my system is that - "Once you feel you've reached a level of satisfaction with your own system and pleased with its performance... then never listen to another one that is better".

Last edited:
"Once you feel you've a level of satisfaction with your system and are pleased with its performance... then never listen to another one that is better".
But if you don't listen to it how will you know that it's better? :devil:

I don't agree with 13 - why is it that if I'm able to sneak an hours' listening time, then I'm completely dissatisfied with the sound for about 58 minutes of that, and in the final two minutes it starts to sound really really good!

Which drink are you on at minute #58?

Which drink are you on at minute #58?

I am not drunk, I am just drinking. But if you could get the room to stop spinning for a second or two, I could really get in to the music, it really shounds goood....hiccup.

But if you don't listen to it how will you know that it's better? :devil:

True...If you don't hear if you won't know if it's better. But once you do, you may not be as satisfied with your own system.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better than this...

Back