System setup questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Im presently using a audio research ls27 and prima Luna stereo amp for my front left and right channels and a receiver for my center and surrounds. I would like to just use my receiver for movies only and my ls27 and prima for music. I’m now using the theater bypass on the LS27. Any suggestions on what I could use for the left and right speaker cables to switch back and forth? Thanks

As is said in the audio world when dealing with cabling of components - "try to do no harm to the audio path". Extra things added in the audio path will not be better, but may be convenient.

I used to know of speaker selector boxes that were around back in the 1980's. They did provide a way to switch amps or speakers but care was needed to be sure two buttons were not depressed at the same time. I don't know what's available these days.

If it were me, I would use banana plugs and manually swap each time. (Full disclosure: I don't use anything on the speaker wire ends.)

The Adcom GFS series of speaker switchers were OK, I had one back in the 90's, and it worked great. You can find a GFS-3 or GFS-4 on the fleabay for between $50 and $150 depending on condition. Given they are totally passive, not much to worry about as long as the switchgear itself is good.

Back