System #224 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownlo

Reaction score
Name: Clinton Devereaux
Speakers: CLS I w/ Sound Anchors
Subwoofer: Titanic MKIII
Purchased: November 2007 (used, manufactured in 1993)
Mods: None as of yet. Trying to get them back to stock first!
Amps: Dussun V8i, 845 SET, various DIY 2A3, 300B & EL-34 amps
Sources: Cayin CDT-17A (Mundorf mod), Opera 2.2 Linear
Interconnects: Signal Cable Reference (anything else is a waste)
Speaker Cables: Signal Cable Reference (anythings else is a waste)

Comments: I owned a pair of SL3's a few years ago, then went to Maggies 1.6QR's & then 2.6R's...now I have a pair of refurbed/modded Advent 1's and Dahlquist DQ-10's...can't let go of my ALK modded Klipsch K-Horns either! Been buildin my own SET amps for the longest. Very satisfying...makes you appreciate what actually goes into making this stuff,...and once you build your own, you never want buy anyone elses... D.I.Y. RULZE!

Having great success running the CLS I's from an 845 S.E.T. amp (seen glowing in the pic) the Titanic "huffs" the soft subsonic low end without effort. Overall impression is one of effortless grace across the frequency range, with a WIDE, DEEP and HIGH soundstage in the sweetspot. The linearity you get with a true "Class A" sand amp or an S.E.T. tube amp can't be beat in combo with the CLS's (IMO).
:bowdown:

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 904
Last edited by a moderator:
Clinton, Welcome !! we all love the CLS !!

Again, welcome to a member from the 'south' shore of the Susquehanna !!

Last edited:
Welcome from a fellow CLS owner. Remember you're the only person who has to like your stereo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks....

Thanks Tom,

My hat goes off to you for selflessly managing the needs of your fellow ML owners via this site.

Keep up the great work!

slownlo, very nice and clean setup! Are those custom cls stands? Looks like to do wonders in raising the sound stage.

slownlo, very nice and clean setup! Are those custom cls stands? Looks like to do wonders in raising the sound stage.

No, they are Sound Anchor stands...they came with the speakers...though I must admit that they do raise the soundstage...imaging from a standard sitting position seems more natural sounding and even in the midrange than them sitting on the floor...the raised position also helps with the bass response also...I need to post some more recent pics of the mods to the electronics modules...I replaced the XO caps with Clarity Caps, and the resistors with some aluminum power resistors and the internal wire with silver wire...Gold plated binding posts, etc...I changed the metal top with a black plexiglass top cover that really makes them look snazzy...

Nice System there. It's great to have another fellow DIY'er on the board.
Pease post pics and descriptions of your mods to the CLS.

Back