System #462 (CLS ii)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musical 2

Reaction score
Member Name:
ML Model(s): CLS ii
Year Purchased:Other than the speakers this kit was all purchased in 2002. The ML's were bought in 2011.
Mods/Changes: Nil

Associated Electronics: (List the other components in your system.)

All components including the speakers are mounted on Townshend Seismic sinks.
The turntable is a Michell Gyro SE with clamp and upgraded external power supply.
The pickup arm is a SME V5 with an Ortofon Kontrapunkt B MC cartridge using a Trichord Delphini Power supply and Amp.
All interconnects are Van den Hull The First Ultimate. Power cables are Isotek.
Speaker cable is Kimber Kable 4TC with graphite RFI chokes and WBT connectors.
The Amp is Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 and Nu Vista M3 power supply.
The CD player is a Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 3D.
I have a Stax SRM 007t tube amp with a pair of Stax SR 007 headphones.

Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
The crowning glory of my system are the pair of scratched and worn but marvelous ML CLS2's. For all their sonic imperfections they are to me just marvelous. I can float off to the world of dreams for hours.
I do wish that they still made this model or something that looked as gorgeous. I am thus a big fan. Does ML do a refurbishment service at all?

IMG_0370.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0431.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, another CLS owner here too - I like it as well! Between the CLS's and the Stax setup you're in electrostatic heaven. I like the Mitchell deck too. Happy listening and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. I am certainly in heaven. I have been committed to electrostatics ever since my Quad ELS 57's. I have though had Bose 901's in various guises at the same time and enjoyed their sound but that is what they are, A sound! Great at a party!

I dont know if I am getting old now but I'm starting to find turntables to be beautiful. I love the setup and how its all tricked out and color coordinated, lots of WAF factor

Welcome to the club mate

Member Name:
ML Model(s): CLS ii
Year Purchased:Other than the speakers this kit was all purchased in 2002. The ML's were bought in 2011.
Mods/Changes: Nil

Associated Electronics: (List the other components in your system.)

All components including the speakers are mounted on Townshend Seismic sinks.
The turntable is a Michell Gyro SE with clamp and upgraded external power supply.
The pickup arm is a SME V5 with an Ortofon Kontrapunkt B MC cartridge using a Trichord Delphini Power supply and Amp.
All interconnects are Van den Hull The First Ultimate. Power cables are Isotek.
Speaker cable is Kimber Kable 4TC with graphite RFI chokes and WBT connectors.
The Amp is Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3 and Nu Vista M3 power supply.
The CD player is a Musical Fidelity Nu Vista 3D.
I have a Stax SRM 007t tube amp with a pair of Stax SR 007 headphones.

Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
The crowning glory of my system are the pair of scratched and worn but marvelous ML CLS2's. For all their sonic imperfections they are to me just marvelous. I can float off to the world of dreams for hours.
I do wish that they still made this model or something that looked as gorgeous. I am thus a big fan. Does ML do a refurbishment service at all?

View attachment 16354View attachment 16356View attachment 16355

Hi, You have a very fine system for music. I am a diehard fan of CLSes. Just want to say Martinlogan wont refurb an old panel, but to order and custom made a new one. I just have mine replaced with a brand new set. Sonically they sound wonderful when compare to the aging one (198x). As of today they have been burn-in over 100hrs as suggested by Dana, who had been my great helper during ordering and shipping process as well as following up after purchase despite of long wait (3 months). Overall it worths the wait. I am enjoying them, the speakers and their great customer services. If you want to know more about the CLS, please pm anytime or chat here.

Pat

A fine ,musical system you have put together there , I know the MF NuVista equipment well as they form the engine room of Mrs Harlequin's rig :music:

Hi Pat and thanks for the info. Very much appreciated. The CLS 's are working well but I would just like to perhaps update the electronics and refurbish the box ie paint the scratches etc. I should be able to get the cosmetic stuff done here in NZ. I love the CLS 's as they are more than a source of glorious sound, they are a design icon as well in my view. I wish that they still made this model! Thanks for your comments.
Cheers Wayne

Thanks for your comments and welcome. Well I am old but have always loved turntables. It is hard to have the same affection for a thing with a sliding draw! A pleasure is to let the young see and hear when the wobbly vinyl spins. They are usually very impressed. It is so different from their iPods etc. Mind a few have seen vinyl in the discos. It is great to see people who are puzzled by "where does the sound come from " when they first hear the CLS 's. Must admit that I remain puzzled as well!
Cheers. Wayne

Thanks for your comments. The NuVista are serving me well and appear to have no difficulty driving the CLS's. Although the system is aging, like it's owner, it sounds still wonderful ( perhaps not like it's owner!) I am sad to confess my ignorance of Mrs Harlequins rig. I shall have a look on-line.
Cheers. Wayne

Back