System #411 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domchuck

Reaction score
Name: Domonkos

ML Model: Summit

Year Purchased: 2011

Mods/Changes: No

Associated Electronics:

Integrated Amp: Dussun V8i
Phono stage: Musical Fidelity kW Phono
CD: Eastsound E5
Turntable: Clearaudio Champion Limited Edition w/ Benz-Micro LP (MR) Cartridge
Cabling:
Xindak FS-Gold (Speakers),
Eichmann Express 6 w/ Silver Bullet Plug & Siltech SQ-88B G3 (Inteconnect),
2 LessLoss Dynamic Filtering Power Cables for the Summits & Isotek Optimum for Titan power conditioner & 2 Fusion Audio Enchanters for Amp and Phono Preamp (Power),
all treated with CAIG DeoxIT Gold contact cleaner & enhancer
Other:
Solid Tech Radius rack w/ Isoclear & Disc of Silence under all components except Turntable,
Soundcare SuperSpikes,
Dedicated mains (under construction),
Isotek Titan + Multi-Link power conditioner,
GIK Acoustics panels and bass traps

Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I'm a Hi-Fi enthusiast since 7-8 years. My very first Logans are these beautiful second-hand Dark Cherry Summits I just bought a few weeks ago. I had the possibility to audition them dozens of times before my purchase, as an audiophile friend of mine had them for many years. It took me quite some time to make the big step, but now, I am verrrry pleased:)

I just moved in a new house (I shall stay here temporarily for some ½ – 1 year, then I will move again to an other house, where I will have a dedicated listening room) so my current setup had to be installed with some limitation in terms of correct placement and room acoustics issues. However the sound is astonishingly good anyway, they are now installed in a non-rectangular, multi-angled 600 Sq. Ft. room, so I will prefer to focus on acoustics in my dedicated room, which I have started to optimize just recently, so it will be fully finished by the time I will move there.

I wrote more details of my Logan experience in my introduction to this Forum here:
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?12642-Me-and-my-new-Summits-introduction-of-a-newbie

Attachments

• system1upload.jpg
    system1upload.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 2,450
  • Fusion Audio Enchanter.jpg
    Fusion Audio Enchanter.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,798
  • Temporary room 1.jpg
    Temporary room 1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,673
  • Valhalla speaker base.jpg
    Valhalla speaker base.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,281
Last edited:
Yes... I was just gonna say "nice rack"... ;)

A belated "Welcome" to the forum Dom. Budapest is a lovely city. I spent a glorious day at Széchenyi Spa a few years back. What a wonderful experience that was!

Yes... I was just gonna say "nice rack"... ;)

A belated "Welcome" to the forum Dom. Budapest is a lovely city. I spent a glorious day at Széchenyi Spa a few years back. What a wonderful experience that was!

Thanks! Oh yes, Szechenyi Spa is great indeed, the spas are one of the most preferred destination for people visiting Budapest, I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay here :)

Thanks to you all for your welcome!!

Now that I have the Summits, time might come to look for some amp upgrade. I had some Thiel CS2.3's before the Summits, my amp was crazy good driving them. Despite the huge price difference, I'm positive that the Dussun is very good at driving the Summits, technically and sonically too, but ohh, audiophilia will surely take me to try to experiment new gears :)

After some surfing in this Forum, which is a non-representative survey, I saw many Pass Labs powering the newest hybrid Reserve ESL line of speakers.

Since this is really the major topic on each forum ("find the right amp") and we all know that there is no magic answer, I will keep on trying to collect as many amps as possible to my system, to hear the sonic effect :)

If I may suggest an amp that I have & think very highly of, Sanders Sound Systems, the amp is the Magtech, very neutral & power to burn. Just another to throw into the ring.

Thanks for the hint. Sadly, Sanders Sound Systems is quite unknown in Eastern Europe, therefore there is little chance for me to find one for an audition, specially one that I can borrow to install it in my system.

In my understanding, those amps are tailor made for typical ESL needs of high current, which is heaven for full range or older models of hybrid ESL's. But according to my official ML dealer here in Hungary, the newest range of ML Reserve ESL, like your Summit-X and my Summit, is much more easy to drive, allowing a wider choice of amplification. The built-in 2 x 200W amps of the Summits are largely overtaking the tasks of the existing amplifier of the Hi-Fi set-up.

I had this in mind when I bought my Summits, I wanted a speaker that my original amp (2 x 250W @ 8Ω, 2 X 500W @ 4Ω, OEM of Red Rose Music's Affirmation amp) will easily drive. I have indeed absolutely no problem with my present system, the Summits and my Dussun are a very decent combination, even though the amp costs 1/6th of the Summit"s price.

Your Magtech amp looks terrific, I'm sure they sound great, the 500 USD discount for MLO members sounds nice as well, the specs. are also impressive, 2 X 900W @ 4Ω is insane, specially for an “easily” drivable Summit-X :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the hint. .... the 500 USD discount for MLO members sounds nice as well, the specs. are also impressive, 2 X 900W @ 4Ω is insane, specially for an “easily” drivable Summit-X :)

I know, I just couldn't help myself :) Sanders has a trial/like period, worldwide too.

I know, I just couldn't help myself :)
;) Yep, I know that feeling.

Sanders has a trial/like period, worldwide too.
Probably, but I will still have to pay custom fees and Hungarian VAT on both amp value and transport cost. Custom officer will not take into account that the amp is just for a try. Even if it is written on the B/L. That will be. approx. 1400 USD. Plus the expense of sending back the amp to Conifer, Colorado. An other few hundred bucks. :think:

Back