Sunfire making speakers other than subs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tah800 said:
I own the Original Amazing Loudspeakers. I rewired them and upgraded the binding posts.I also added a set of Silver 9t mono blocks. The results were outstanding. The reason I joined this site was to get info on the the big Logan center specifically the Theatre i. I would really like to have one in this system. The bass in these Carvers is so fantastic I wouldn't even consider a sub. I would love to get a chance to hear the ML speakers so I would have a point of comparison.Unfortunately living in New Brunswick Canada I have no access to those speakers. All the high end dealers in this area have disappeared. I would have to travel to Toronto or Montreal to hear Martin Logan. I noticed people had mentioned Carver CD players. Among most Carver fans we agree that Carver did not make good CD players. It was something that the Carver Corp farmed out. I had one in the beginning and was glad to get rid of it.Bob Carver did not have anything to do with designing those things. Mine had Yamaha parts in it. Art

Hello Art, welcome to the site.
I have owned the Theater i for a few months now and I thoroughly enjoy the sound, extremely transparent and natural sounding. I find myself looking up sometimes to make sure that it's the center I'm hearing and not the TV. I know that right now it's not optimally placed in my system yet, but the sound is fantastic. I don't know how it would match tonally with your Amazings, but the sound is extremely large and lifelike. It's been around fifteen years since I've heard a set of Amazings in person....I remember the sound being like an Apogee Stage on steroids. Anyway, good luck with your search. And again...welcome.

Dan

I have had two sets of Amazing and had a custom X-over made for them by Rudi Blondia(Clearview Enginering), so you can bi-amp them . They are phenomenal speakers for the $$$. I used 2 M-500t with a c 4000 pre-amp ,with a tx11a tuner and a dtl200 cd player. I also had a Sunfire 300 wt amp too. I still have my Sunfire True Sub. So to say I believe in BOB Carver . I did ,........ and still do .

I am a firm believer in Bob Carver. Sure it was the ads that got me interested. I have been using the 1.0T power amp and C-2 pre-amp with the TX11 tuner since I bought them in the mid 80's. Have had no trouble, just constant quality for over 20 years. I have listened to other amps and have heard nothing that justifies spending thousands more.
I have seen others pooh pooh Carver eqipment on this sight. I wonder if they can say the same about quality and longevity.

I have the mid 90s built "A" line of carver amps. These are very strong and the build quality is good as well. No hummm or distortion of any kind. These amps also run very cool. When these amps die is when I will change them.

Carver Stuff

Just a final note guys. If anyone knows anyone let's say in the State of Maine who might have one of these centers I would appreciate a heads up . I could drive that far as it isn't to far from New Brunswick. Tha Canadian border can be a real hassle and I would rather bring stuff across personally. PS. I would also take a Logos if I couldn't find the Theater i.Art

Latest posts

Back