Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to Kate Havnevik's Melankton which has layers and layers of depth to the music. Also The Supreme Beings of Leisure-Divine Operating System.

Mike, that Trinity Sessions Revisited is great. My favorite song on the album is 200 More Miles. Ryan Adams can be very good.
Hard to pick a winner on this one, but if I had to it would probably be 200 miles as well.
I've got a couple of Ryan Adams albums and like them a lot, but I was really impressed with him on this album. Not only his playing and singing, but his contribution and input. He came off as very talented and very professional, confident. I knew what to expect from Natalie Merchant and she did not disappoint. Not familiar with Vic Chesnutt but will seek out his stuff next time I'm looking for music.
Can't say enough about this album - I listened several times since I first posted. It's chill with groove. Lots of groove.

Vic Chesnutt wrote quite a few song that Widespread Panic performs and have recorded live. Fantastic song writer, but a tortured soul. RIP

Picked up this disc a few days ago and I like it! Grace Potter & the Nocturnals are a Vermont based band that sound like the Black Crowes or maybe the Rolling Stones with a female front. Great voice and energy from Grace. If I had to put a genre on it I guess it would be Blues Rock or just Rock.

Attachments

• Grace Potter.jpg
    Grace Potter.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 269
Ive seen them live a few times now, high energy band for sure....and she aint hard on the eyes either.

Today is my only day off for this week and next, so it might as well be Sunday!

I've been listening to M. Ward's Hold time for most of the morning. Beautiful, layered and relaxing music.

m_ward-hold_time-art-300x300.jpg

Foreigner ~ Foreigner ~ On MFSL SACD
Forgot how good this one was, the remaster is great.

Attachments

• uhsacd2050large.jpg
    uhsacd2050large.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 174
Good to see you back here - been a while?

Thanks, Adam. Good to be back
Been 4 or 5 months since I visited the site.
Spent about an hour catching up.
What recession, everyone's getting new cars, Audi's, Mercedes, and Porches.
Dave is a Grandpa.
The Great Chinese Cable debate, very entertaining, If I'm ever charged with a serious crime I know who I'm asking to defend me, Rich.:D

Didn't want to do a lot of posting yesterday, so I posted in my favorite thread.

Sunny Sunday in New Zealand.....

and I am enjoying a little Jazz / Blues fusion with a couple of great new CD's. First up, ' Live from the Archive from the Matt Schofield Trio. A great recording of a live to air broadcast on dutch radio back in 07. The quality is great and the material is tops. For those not familiar with Matt, he is a highly talented British bluesman. Curently touring the US I think?
Second up is fantastic album called Renegade Creation. Put together by Michael Landau,Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip and Gary Novak. Need I say more?
Probably my favourite new album at present.

Attachments

• IMG_6164.jpg
    IMG_6164.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 307
Jerry Joseph & Jackmormons
Mouthful of Copper - 2003

51rPh5scbhL._SS400_.jpg

One of the most prolific song writers of my generation, Jerry Joseph should be on everyones to do list.

Mozart Piano concertos nos. 20 and 22

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 269
I used to belong to the Musical Heritage Society. I got a lot of very nice recordings from them back in the day. Unfortunately my ex-wife kept them all:mad:

Glad to see you're enjoying yours though.

Sunday Evening
Just got home from a long day at work
Got the house to myself
Wilma and the kids still out apple pickin

This one still moves me after more than 4 decades and hundreds of listens

Van Morrison ~ Astral Weeks

Attachments

• astral.jpg
    astral.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 182
Sunday Evening
Just got home from a long day at work
Got the house to myself
Wilma and the kids still out apple pickin

This one still moves me after more than 4 decades and hundreds of listens

Van Morrison ~ Astral Weeks

Yes WB Van is definitely The Man. Just picked up a mint looking copy of Wavelength at a thrift store. Gonna give it a spin tonight! D.R.

Had a nice morning session today, coffee and tunes are chicken soup for this soul.

Jerry Joseph &the Jackmormons ~ Mouthful of Copper
51rPh5scbhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One of the most prolific song writers of my generation IMO.
Caution! He is not for the innocent or faint of heart.

Back